Is this a Good Delta Sound Card

Looks like the DSP2000 C-Port from STA is a great card too.
Anyone has heard about it or used it?

1010 would definately be a better "quality" card. Using the balanced inputs (with balanced cables) will give you much better signal, less noise, etc. And the break out box is important. Although im not sure if this is afact, but i have heard that if everthing is on the PCI card itself, it has much high noise ratio. There was a really good explaination for this also but i dont remember all it said. I wouldnt go with RCA inputs. How many inputs are you going to need though? there are other, cheaper alternatives.

Darnold

converters on the PCI card isnt necessarily a bad thing....for instance, the Aardvark Direct Pro 2496 has a breakout box but still put the converters on the pci card...if attention is paid to HOW they are put on the pci card there shouldnt be a problem.....

i am seriously thinking about going from my Audiophile to a 1010 lt......

also, the unbalanced thing doesnt bother me either...my Audiophile has the unbalanced RCA's and it hasnt been a problem....

if i was doing pro work it would be an issue.....

Cool but What is better Quality Wise? the Delta 1010 or the Sta C-port?

Im not sure how many INS i need I only wanna hook up my Condenser Mic.....my Keyboard... Sampler....maybe a drum machine.... Monitors shit like that..Im basically running a Digital Studio here. I Just want my Quality to be good enough to where I can take my Music out of my Studio and have my Producer master it in his

the 1010 is better quality, imo.....

a breakout box is bacsically a box that hooks up to the pci card that you install in the computer...it eliminates the need to reach behind the computer to plug/unplug stuff......

Maybe you should look at the Delta 66. It has a breakout box and 4 ins/outs. I guess it should be around $300 or so. Don't know exactly. It's 24/96 too. In fact I'm making my mind between it and a Delta 1010lt

thanx Flapo1 but I WANNA KNOW THE DIFF IN QUALITY BETWEEN THE C-PORT AND THE DELTA 1010 THATS THE MAIN QUESTION HERE.

i''ve already thought about getting the Delta 66 but i want to know which is better quality wise the Delta 1010 orrrrrrr the C-Port

Back