Is this a Good Delta Sound Card

What abou that Delta 1010 LT? would that be a better buy for my Studio I don't wanna be tooo cheap with my equipment but thena agin I dont wanna Break Myself

You might want to look at the Omni Studio.

For not much more than the Delta 66 alone, you get a Delta 66 along with 2 very nice preamps and lots of routing options in the Omni I/O. This setup works very well for me.

The 1010 LT is very similar to the 1010. What you get with the 1010 that you DONT get with the LT is the breakout box. You pay less for more frustration. Money does buy happiness, at least in this case. You do get 2 mic preamp channels on the LT, which may or may not be something you can use.

Overall, im pretty happy with the LT. Lots of features. Good card for the price.

One other thing. Before buying I was slightly confused as to the differences in connectors on the LT as compared to those on the 1010.

The LT uses unbalanced RCA. 1010 has balanced 1/4." I hate RCA. Its a battle. I had to buy a bunch of adapters. I hate adapters. Then I lose them all and have to buy them all again. I hate that even more.

You pay more for convenience.

Thats the same thing my producer was telling me about the RCA things I would ask him a bunch of questions but uses a MAC and doesn´t deal with PC´s would anyone know of any Top Quality cards with Balanced 1/4

the 1010 doesnt have preamps but the converters are in the breakout box as far as i know.....the 1010lt doesnt have a breakout box but it has preamps......the 1010lt is just a pci card with unbalanced RCA's, 8 in/8 out.....

the Delta 1010 is a better card than the 1010lt......

a Delta 1010 card plus a DMP2 preamp will cost you between $700 and $800.....

for $329 with the 1010 lt you get pretty much the same features BUT, there is not a breakout box and the connectors are RCA instead of unbalanced.......

so the question isnt which card is better...it is how much are you willing to pay for better, and what sacrifices are you willing to make to get a bargain......

Back