IS THE POWER SUPPLY DIFFERENT for DP24SD & DP24 ?

SteveAlton

I have the original DP24 & came up on a "DP24SD with no power supply...Sitting in my Girlfriends garage (Her ex left it)

My cord doesn't fit...It's too tight...

I wanna make sure I get the right replacement online...Is the only option this $49 PS-P1220E AC adapter ?

Just don't wanna get the wrong cord, but would rather spend less

Anyone?

Last edited:
Thanks for the response...But....this is why I despise buying knock offs

TERRIBLE REVIEWS for the Company

Also on Facebook...

1.2 STARS out of 5

Based on the opinion of 94 people

Last edited:
Man, that sux. I should have dug deeper. eBay has some similarly priced from well reviewed sources.

The DP24SD uses the same power supply as my 16x08. I checked mine and the barrel is 4.77mm OD which indicates a #14 barrel plug. Its 12V - 2000mA with center tap positive.

TASCAM power supply.jpg

Man, that sux. I should have dug deeper. eBay has some similarly priced from well reviewed sources

The DP24SD uses the same power supply as my 16x08. I checked mine and the barrel is 4.77mm OD which indicates a #14 barrel plug. Its 12V - 2000mA with center tap positive.

View attachment 113611
Yeah that is the model number now...Read up and alot of people who bought the aftermarket plugs said they don't work...

Gonna look one more time at gals house and if I don't find it gonna just suck it up and pay the $49 for the TEAC PS-P1220E...

Thanks guys

FWIW, this one actually appears to have reviews that says it works. First review was from somebody who said it worked with his DP-32SD

Me, I'd get the real Tascam PS. A DP24SD retails for $500. You got one for free, just don't know if it works. If you can have a working DP24SD for $50, the real deal PS is worth it to know it likely won't damage the unit. Amazon has a great return policy and if the machine turns out to be toast, you can return the power adapter. There are times I would buy a cheap Chinese knockoff PS, but this would not be one of them.

Yeah but it doesn't list the DP-24SD and it lists all those other models...Too risky...

FYI, the DP32SD uses the same power supply. This is the list from Tascam: SD-20M, DP-32SD, DP-24SD, DP-003SD, US-20x20, US-16x08, US-4x4, DR-680MK2, and TA-1VP. Connector is 4.75mm OD, 1.7mm ID.

If you check the DP-24 with CD, it uses a 2.5mm ID plug, and the OD should be 5.5mm. It's also rated at 12V - 2.5A. Totally different power supply. PS-1225L

View attachment 113611
Hey Rich thanks for all your help...3rd try at gals house yesterday I found the Power Supply you show above....Glad I gave it one last try...Found it in a box I checked other days at least 5X...

Last edited:
Good deal. After a while, you get so many power supplies, you don't know which goes where. I started marking the various wall warts so I don't have to try to remember which printer/scanner/ Ext hard drive/drum machine/interface/guitar pedal, etc, it came from.

It's a lot easier when you just had a plug!

THE DP-24SD IS IN BRAND NEW SHAPE...not even software updated yet....I have channels and lights out on my original board so, now I got all 24 channels back when I was down to about 18 working on my old unit

Now I can travel with one and leave the other one at home...I just bring the SD card home and continue to work on it here...

So cool...

The little power supply is a switcher otherwise it would not be that small. As long as you can get the right power coax connector then making you own 12V 2 amp power supply would be easy or you could get some that would be more reliable than those little things that will one day go out. When I build power supplies they are made with much more robust parts than what they sold originally as all that was minimal and for profit. A good Technician should not have trouble making something for you. Here is a cheaper item than what is otherwise being sold- https://www.mpja.com/12-Volt-Plug-Power-Adapter-2A/productinfo/34142+PS/

This might be better longevity wise- https://www.mpja.com/12-Volt-Adapter-Power-Supply-25A-Used/productinfo/30201+PS/

Back