Is anyone here from southern Georgia?

Hello there. Um, while I have you: How common are kangaroos over there? Do you see one every day? I wonder.

In fact the urge to out-dunce one another is seemingly irresistible!

But, anyway, "Hi Savannah!" from Queensland. That's Queensland, Australia, to avoid further confusing our more simple-minded members :rolleyes:.

I just realized that I'm one of those people who put the reply above the quote.

I am so confused! I plead the 5th amendment of the US constitution; the right to be stupid. :)

So, what do roo's actually do on a daily basis?

I was curious about the placement of your responses Savannah. Thought that maybe that is the way everyone does it in Cloud Cuckoo..

:)

Kangaroos are common but not in cities. That said, I live about 1/2 hour drive from the CBD of a major city and do see a wallaby (close relative of the 'roo) from time to time.

Kangaroos can live in very inhospitable parts of the country where it is extremely hot and arid. These guys spend their day expending as little effort as possible. To keep cool, they lick the fur on their forearms. The forearms have lots of superficial blood vessels, and the evaporation of the saliva cools the blood and keeps their body temperatures down.

That was actually quite funny. I never would have expected 'my roommate' to link to a piece of gear. More like a piece of s**t. lol!

Hey, why didn't I get the automatic link?

:mad:
It's been happening for the best part of a year. All kinds of words that are innocently used link to pieces of gear. It used to drive me to distraction and on a couple of occasions I gave Chater La some extensive examples as there was talk of fixing it but it still happens. I just zone it out now. But I won't talk of kids showing cheek and audacity or describe films called Microcosm57 anymore. :D

That is exactly how they do it in Cloud-Cuckoo Land. Must be why I never found it unusual until recently.

I am so confused! I plead the 5th amendment of the US constitution; the right to be stupid. :)

So, what do roo's actually do on a daily basis?

I was curious about the placement of your responses Savannah. Thought that maybe that is the way everyone does it in Cloud Cuckoo..

:)

That is a wonderfully educational answer! Thanks very much.

Kangaroos are common but not in cities. That said, I live about 1/2 hour drive from the CBD of a major city and do see a wallaby (close relative of the 'roo) from time to time.

Kangaroos can live in very inhospitable parts of the country where it is extremely hot and arid. These guys spend their day expending as little effort as possible. To keep cool, they lick the fur on their forearms. The forearms have lots of superficial blood vessels, and the evaporation of the saliva cools the blood and keeps their body temperatures down.

Back