iRig

IndustrialOkie

Esoteric Order of R'lyeh
Although I suspect I know the answer, can anyone who has used the iRig comment on if this is a legit mobile recording device or just an expensive toy?

I would mainly be using it to export midi WAV files to my main DAW, or playing with vocal effects on my iphone if this can even be done.

Thanks in advance, Tom

Midi isn't audio so I don't know how you can export a midi WAV file from anywhere.

Also there is more than 1 irig:

irig midi
irig
and irig mic

Did you mean all three of them?

Last edited:
it uses amplitube which I thinks excellent...Ive read good reviews on it but mainly for guitarists...not sure how it'll fair for vocals, unless your just using it for sketching stuff

but quality wise its pretty decent for what it is

are you using it on an iPad? have you had a look at the Korg stuff for the iPad? some cool software there

serious G?

Im up for a new gadget soon and have been looking at the apple stuff, those fookers have suckered me in last year (imac, macbook pro, macbook air)

Hi guys! iRig, iRig Mic and iRig MIDI can all be used in professional applications!

Countless guitarists and bassists have been using iRig to record demos and even play live using their iPad/iPhone with AmpliTube iRig as their tone shapping tool!

iRig Mic is one of the most useful tools for anyone trying to record anything on their iOS device. From podcast/interviews to full vocal recording/practice with VocaLive.

iRig MIDI changed how many people used their iOS devices, now enabling people to connect their favorite MIDI devices like keyboards, drum machines and other controllers to control sounds on their iPads!

serious G?

Im up for a new gadget soon and have been looking at the apple stuff, those fookers have suckered me in last year (imac, macbook pro, macbook air)

Well, I dumped my iPhone for Android and will never go back to apple anything.

Back