Indian Punk Rock Mix

Birdie07

Indian Rock Mix

Guys! I'm the lead vocalist of an Indian Rock Band called A.I.R, And recently we recorded a song using an Audiogram 6 to record the guitars and bass, A Rode NT2A for vocals and an old Alesis DM6 usb kit for the drums. I don't have studio monitors and used an AKG Perception K44 as reference, I would really be grateful if you could give me an opinion in the mix and arrangement and things I could do to improve with what I have. Thank you! :D

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but that is not punk rock. I kind of take offense as someone who dabbles in punk.

The recording is nice, though.

I'm sorry, but that is not punk rock. I kind of take offense as someone who dabbles in punk.

Oh, Im sorry. :/ Didn't mean to offend anyone! Just wanted an opinion on the music! :| Thankyou though! :) I'll change the thread heading to rock?

To be fair, you most likely don't listen to real punk either. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Lol. Oh my God. Siege. I completely forgot about that band. The only thing I ever knew of them was on some skate compilation thing I had way back in the 80s. I haven't thought of them since. You just opened up a door in my head that's been closed for long time.

That album was the blueprint for so much shit that happened down the line.. up here in my neck of the woods anyways.
There's a great youtube video of them doing a cable access show in the early 80s all jumpin around. Bassist had some weird PA rig as a bass amp.

That album was the blueprint for so much shit that happened down the line.. up here in my neck of the woods anyways.
There's a great youtube video of them doing a cable access show in the early 80s all hopped up, jumping around with their duct-taped solid state Radio Shack amps.

I've been checking them out on youtube. They were actually a very good band for as fast and young as they were. They were pretty tight for a hardcore thrash punk band. I guarantee none of the aging classic rock geezers that would dismiss that music can't perform anywhere near that level of energy, speed, and keep it all together.

They were really a few years before my time, but from what I hear no one liked em when they actually existed. Boston was all about those testosterone driven straight-edge hardcore bands like Slapshot and Wrecking Crew, then these guys came along and no one knew what to make of them.

How many other people's songs have you commented on?

First if all...this.^^^^^

Second of all, it can sometimes take a day or two....or even more, before you get a response around here, especially if nobody knows you and more especially if you don't participate in the community, too.

The recording is pretty good, vocals sound good. Drums are very weak, though. They're not driving the song.

Also, while I'm not obsessed with labels and you can call your music whatever you want, I wouldn't call this punk.

Last edited:
How many other people's songs have you commented on?

Second of all, it can sometimes take a day or two....or even more, before you get a response around here, especially in nobody knows you and more especially if you don't participate in the community, too.

The recording is pretty good, vocals sound good. Drums are very weak, though. They're not driving the song.

Also, while I'm not obsessed with labels and you can call your music whatever you want, I wouldn't call this punk.

First of all, My apologies for not commenting on other's music. I shall participate actively on other's post from now on. And thank you for the advice! I'll definitely work on it! My problem is that everytime I try and add more drums they bury the vocals and vice versa. I've tried eqing and there certainly was more space but still not enough. :/ Anyways, Thanks once again! :)

merged the two threads into this one.

Do not post duplicate threads for the same topic. Just keep your conversation to this thread.

If the bloke listened to real punk he wouldn't describe his music as punk - real punk, hardcore, skate, LA or any other type.

The least punk thing in the world is a bunch of old guys telling kids they're not punk. :P

The video seems decent. A lot of aspects seem like they were sped up in post tho. It's a weird effect here.

For the audio, the drums are pretty rough. They're very distorted, which is going to decrease their ability to drive the song.

The least punk thing in the world is a bunch of old guys telling kids they're not punk. :P

Normally I'd agree with this sentiment. I'm not a big fan of "that's not punk, this is punk, you're not punk, etc".

But in this case, I think the old guys are right. That was some sugary sweet mall-pop-rock.

Back