IMPORTANT: read this FAQ BEFORE POSTING HERE!

Jesus, Mark, nice job! A lot of stuff here. Keep it up...I'll get your stuff online ASAP.

Hey Dethska, if you want to do something, I can give you a task...pick a brand like Mark7, and just copy and paste thoughtful quotes about that company's microphones into a big list, and send it to me. That'd help a lot!

-Graham

You know, a few pictures wouldn't hurt.

How about this one for the front page?

gerst.jpg

;)

Nice. I like it. :cool:

(Note: I did have to do some editing on various posts (lots of folksy, down home kind of grammar that gave poor old Word a hissy fit)).

seems like you have some mistakes and stuff in your page so in all honesty if i want to know something about a certain mic or something I'm still gonna post. and i dont think you should try to bring an end to the posting of mics because you can't cover everything and who wants to have the run-around searching your page about a mic or something when you can just ask the question and get it answered faster and get different opinions. thats my outlook. but it's cool that you have a reference page.

Wow - thanks Mark...can't believe I missed that...:eek:

OnTheBlackRock, thank you for your honest opinion.

seems like you have some mistakes and stuff in your page
If you see a mistake on the site, please do not hesitate to tell me about it!

i dont think you should try to bring an end to the posting of mics
That was never my intention. Perhaps you haven't been around on this forum for as long as I have. I've only read posts here for the last year or so, but I've noticed something interesting - the same questions are asked over and over again.

Rather than talk about something new or exciting, yet another newbie comes onto the board and asks, "What mic do I need for guitar? I need it now." And everyone helps them out, but you know what? The focus of the forum moves from more interesting topics to the same crap over and over again. Worse, I've seen bad advice handed out to these newbies. Since the departure of some of the board's more distinguished members, things have been slower.

The FAQ is NOT meant to keep people from posting, but rather encourage more interesting topics, and try to make people ask more intelligent questions. That is the whole point here, not to shut the mic forum down but to 'class things up' a bit.

you can't cover everything and who wants to have the run-around searching your page about a mic or something
I'm not trying to cover everything, but rather the information most sought after by the BBS's participants. I'm working on making the site easier to use, and the new search engine should make things easier.

The mistakes are being weeded out, but remember all of the content from my page is from this BBS. If it's wrong on the FAQ, it's wrong on the BBS as well.

As for the cardioid thing, it's a stupid error that will be corrected soon:D

Thanks everyone!

-Graham D.
http://www.hr-faq.org

I'm collecting quotes for Sennheiser. Specifically, the E602, e604, 421 and 441. Basically I'm interested in the 421 and 441. But I figured I could learn and help out at the same time.

Dethska, thank you very much!

That would certainly help the FAQ out, as the Sennheiser area is a little weak.

-Graham

Back