Ikeeeyaaa (The Nightmare Of...)

stratmonkee

Would like to get a few more songs tracked before I begin the process of lyrics vocals... This one was a quickie ...throwing it out for critiques...it has a bit of a wall of sound type vibe at times... I really wanted crunchy fuzz guitars that are well defined if that makes sense...

Ikeeeyaaa (The Nightmare Of...)

Bulls Hit

Well-known member​

The mix is clean. Guitars sound fuzzy withought being congested. I like that breakout at 2.50. Still plenty of room for vocals

Cool, thanks for listening Bulls! Working on lyrics/vocals for this now... Yeah that synth break thing was fun to do...used a SY-1 pedal by Boss for that.

Sounds good. First I thought that the breaks/quiet parts are a bit empty, but taking into account that you plan to add lyrics this makes sense.
😉

Trichter -​

Sounds good. First I thought that the breaks/quiet parts are a bit empty, but taking into account that you plan to add lyrics this makes sense.
😉

Thanks! Yeah this one will have vocals for sure, wanted to get a pretty solid foundation down 1st before I started tracking them...Thanks for the listen!

I'm down with the funky opening and the brickwall transition into the distorted rhythm guitars. The opening does have a RHCP feel, in fact reminds of their playful B side "F You". The snare sounds a bit lifeless (not terrible, just has that VST sheen to it) - easily fixed with some velocity editing and a few fills (I'm guessing these aren't finalized drums anyway so ignore if they're merely reference drums). Otherwise the mix sounds pretty balanced.

Back