If you love wha whas...

If your name's not Pete, I want to say hi and welcome you to the forum. As you can see, it can get a bit 'crisp' in here. Whatever you do, don't start talking about the benfits of talcum powder as related to guitar care! :eek:

Have fun...

I get it. This place is not just for information, but entertainment as well. And for a few sad folks it would seem their only social interaction, seeing as how they are not good at it in real life either. But that's okay, that's what makes the world go round.

How TF does anyone decide that any particular type of effect is "the best selling effect of all time".... :confused:

I must have missed the industry or government body that's compiling the stats... I have a GT-10 with an inbuilt wah, and an old no-longer-functioning Digitech RP14D with an inbuilt wah, and a cry baby.... so how many wahs do I own? :confused:

Is an inbuilt wah on a multi-effect half a wah or a double wah? Confused... :confused:

Alas, I don't own any wha pedals but I'll keep my eye out for one...I think a small child might make that noise if you stepped on it, so possibly nailing one of them to a piece of wood might work... :laughings:

looks like they might be counting all models of wah together making them the biggest seller because everything else they seperate by model.

I'm betting the genre of overdrive/distortion pedals is actually the biggest if you look at the whole genre which is what they did with the wahs.

I want a wah that detects my foot on it and activates without me having to press a switch. I have 2 crybabies and they both have the same damn problem. You have to either stamp on the fucker really, really hard to switch it on and off, or tape a penny to the pad just above the switch, which means that if you hit full open on the wah too hard, it switches off.

I know Morley made those foot detecting wahs a long time ago, but I haven't seen one in a while, and I've heard they don't have the range a cry baby does.

The Bad Horsie model from Morely had the switchless feature.I own it and i always felt it had a wider sweep than the regular crybaby.You can adjust a pot inside of the pedal that allows how long it takes for the wah to shut off once you take your foot off of it.No other controls though.

I had a old Morely wah someone gave me years ago that had an unremovable plug.Didn't run on batteries at all,had to plug it in.Noisiest thing i ever heard but it had the widest span i ever heard from a wah.I gave it to my bass player at the time and since he didn't have distortion going on it was quiet with his rig.He had fun with it til it crapped out on him.

How do you break down the cost of a wah if you get an extra expression pedal for a POD XTLive? It's too bad I can't set one pedal to WAH and the other to WHA.

I've got a really cheap Digitech pedal that's got an auto-Yah. I think you can hook up a volume pedal and use it manually except it's not really manual if your using a pedal because a foot is not a hand.

And off-topic it goes! You people are hilarious! :laughings:

Yeah, Mark H, my best friend and one of my early bandmates bought a Cry Baby, and Rocky (lead guitarist,) got hold of it. He totally trashed an entire "rehearsal" with that thing, nobody got anything done that day!

I own two CB's, a vintage (needs a pot,) and a modern re-issue. I only use it on a few songs, believing the effect it produces gets attention best if used heavily but not too often.

Hey didn't you say you could do a wah thing with the tone knob on Blackie?
with the tone knob and the elite switching system.

I put the neck and middle p'ups on ...... and the bridge is on but in reverse phase to the other two .... and then the tone knob for the neck p'up does a wah-wah thing. I can set it for that cocked wah sound . It doesn't have as much sweep as a wah but it has a pretty good bit. I don't have the faintest idea of why that might be .... there's no special circuit other than the elite system.
It's pretty cool and I use it a lot when I play that guitar. I mostly use the Stinnett right now.

Back