If you love wha whas...

Actually, there is some good information about the wha and some humor too. Like i said, if you love the wha. I sure do. A long time ago, in my second band, my pals hid my wha from me and demanded i play without it for awhile. It was new to me at the time and i was indeed overusing it.

I'd be inclined to say that it is not the best-selling effect of all time.

They're expensive compared to ODs and choruses (for example) and are used far less than either.

I'd be inclined to say that it is not the best-selling effect of all time.

They're expensive compared to ODs and choruses (for example) and are used far less than either.

A basic Dunlop Cry Baby costs about $69 - $79 bucks. That's as cheap as any other pedal. I would have guessed chorus pedals to be #2 and wah #3.

I've had a Crybaby 535Q for awhile now...great wah...but recently I picked up an Ernie Ball Wah, and I have to say, it's sweet! They claim that it sounds good at any position, and I have to agree. Not sure if its got to do with how they voiced it...but it doesn't get too dull or over the top at the outer ends. You still have a lot of "wah"...but it just sounds smoother than the Crybaby.

If I remember correctly, Brad Plunkett invented the WahWah while working at Thomas Organ in the 60's, and it was by accident!
Brad is also the guy that designed the 'LN' mod for the 1176. I'd say he left his mark.

One of my favorite songs with the wah wah was White room-by Cream followed George Harrison's WahWah.

I had a wah wah with an electric eye instead of a pod but I can't remember the company name. Anyone?

I want a wah that detects my foot on it and activates without me having to press a switch. I have 2 crybabies and they both have the same damn problem. You have to either stamp on the fucker really, really hard to switch it on and off, or tape a penny to the pad just above the switch, which means that if you hit full open on the wah too hard, it switches off.

I know Morley made those foot detecting wahs a long time ago, but I haven't seen one in a while, and I've heard they don't have the range a cry baby does.

I want a wah that detects my foot on it and activates without me having to press a switch. I have 2 crybabies and they both have the same damn problem. You have to either stamp on the fucker really, really hard to switch it on and off, or tape a penny to the pad just above the switch, which means that if you hit full open on the wah too hard, it switches off.

I know Morley made those foot detecting wahs a long time ago, but I haven't seen one in a while, and I've heard they don't have the range a cry baby does.

The Dunlop 95Q has the switchless feature, and a spring. It also has controls for a volume boost and the wah frequency itself.

Does a whammy count as an effect? Since nearly every strat or copy has a whammy, that's a lot of effects.

Back