I need help from a homereccer fast!

Halion

I need help! I have this big school assignment where I need to make all the audio for a small trailer (1 minute). That includes music, sound fx, and also a voice over. The trailer is in english. I've done everything, except the voice over failed quite horribly! I live in the Netherlands so I had to find a native english speakers, which I did, but she wasn't very convincing at all, so now I'm 1 week from the presentation of the trailer and I've got no voice over! I figured this might be the best place to ask for help so here goes.

[size=+1]Fellow home reccers, hear my cry for help! I need someone to record a voice over for me. Male with a deep, older voice, or female 20 - 35 years or something. The voice over is for an epic kind of animation, so a bit of larger-than-live emotion is wanted. It's only a couple of lines. [/size]

I would be eternally grateful for the help, and at your service for ever!
Contact me at timvangeelen at home dot nl or PM me. I hope someone can help me out.

I can probably do this. Just get me an mp3 of the backing track and the script. I have a deep male voice.

I have a really deep voice as well.

Halion said:
I need help! I have this big school assignment where I need to make all the audio for a small trailer (1 minute). That includes music, sound fx, and also a voice over. The trailer is in english. I've done everything, except the voice over failed quite horribly! I live in the Netherlands so I had to find a native english speakers, which I did, but she wasn't very convincing at all, so now I'm 1 week from the presentation of the trailer and I've got no voice over! I figured this might be the best place to ask for help so here goes.

[size=+1]Fellow home reccers, hear my cry for help! I need someone to record a voice over for me. Male with a deep, older voice, or female 20 - 35 years or something. The voice over is for an epic kind of animation, so a bit of larger-than-live emotion is wanted. It's only a couple of lines. [/size]

I would be eternally grateful for the help, and at your service for ever!
Contact me at timvangeelen at home dot nl or PM me. I hope someone can help me out.

If you need music, feel free to use any of the Rumble tracks at my soundclick site, link is in my sig.

Good luck!

I can help if you want to send an mp3 to my email. I used to be a radio DJ so voice overs are pretty familiar. Maybe you can get a few people to help out and pick the one you like the most....?
:)

Thanks for the quick responses and help guys! I really appreciate it. Living in a place with 2.3 english guys/girls around is no help when doing voice-overs (or even singing vocals for that matter).

Everyone that PMed me, expect a PM back any moment. I would prefer you watch the trailer (it's online, around 45mb) so you get a good idea of the feeling of the thing.

....looks like you're well covered, but if you need a female voice too, shoot me a PM...

Scrubs got my back, he helped me out within the day. I think this one is a keeper, so anyone else tracking VO for me, I already got what I need, but thanks again!

I was amazed at the help I got here (although it's not that much help, I know everyone is busy as always). One more reason why I hang out here :)

A preview for anyone interested, this is an mp3 of the music + voice over (sound effects to come):

Sounds good, Halion.

What samples/software are you using for the strings and drums there?

Strings are Garritan Personal Orchestra, percussion is timpanis from Edirol HQ Orchestral, with toms layered from Drumkit From Hell 2.

Aaaah.. I see. It sounds really nice. I was thinking of getting the Edirol Orchestral ones.

Good luck with it.

Back