I need advice on this mic I'm planning on purchasing.

Rescue22

CAD U37 USB Studio Recording Microphone Deluxe Bundle

This is the bundle I'm planning on purchasing. It looks like a really great deal! I'm buying this mic so I can have something good to record screaming vocals into and to just chat with people online also. The thing is that I'm running on a pretty tight budget and the most I really want to spend is around 110-120 dollars, but really that's reaching too much for me.

I saw this deal online and thought it was perfect, but I don't know if this mic is good for the style of vocals I'm going for. I just don't want to waste my money for something I won't be able to return, y'know? If you need an idea, here's a vocal cover I did using Garage Band and an iPad's mic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVPiOU3Yqdk

I'm not really all that informed on how microphones work and how the settings work and all that stuff, but I'm willing to learn. I'm just itching to get back to recording (hopefully good content) as soon as possible! I could really use some advice ASAP on where I should invest my money and more importantly, if this mic would be a great fit. Thanks for reading!

Personally, I'd buy a modest interface and a similar type conventional microphone - you will get a much more useful product.

My own personal feelings are that while some USB microphones do have adjustable gain and good quality, they are so limited. USB mics on many computers will take over your audio system for their one input/output. You can't buy another for stereo or dual channel recording, and any extra bits of kit will be a real pain to interface. Just too limiting - and you can't even extend the distance between the computer and the mic very much as USB has a limit on cable length! I have a USB mic, that is actually very good quality - but I never use the thing, just not quite 'right'.

Back