I know nothing about these kind of gear !

Firefab

Hey !

I record alot of midi instruments. I already got an M-Audio Keystation 49 but I want more gear. I'm searching a midi controller with PAD (for drums&beat) and with fader that can control my mix live(Instead of always adjust the thing with my mouse). There is a lot here in the market, so I want to know your opinion about that.

I'm Using SONAR X3 Producer !!!

Hey !

I record alot of midi instruments. I already got an M-Audio Keystation 49 but I want more gear. I'm searching a midi controller with PAD (for drums&beat) and with fader that can control my mix live(Instead of always adjust the thing with my mouse). There is a lot here in the market, so I want to know your opinion about that.

I'm Using SONAR X3 Producer !!!

AFAICT the M-A K49 has a fader that I am sure can be assigned to volume? The keyboard is a "grown up" rip of my old Evolution EKeys 49 (M-A software worked for the Evo!)

I am no kbd player/user so this post might be better moved to the keys or MIDI section? If no one here can help there is sure to be some brave souls over at Sound On Sound | Recording Techniques | Audio Technology | Music Production | Computer Music | Video Media that run keys and a computer live!

My crude, non musician idea would be to get a pad to smack and a small mixer to control the send to PA?

Dave.

You might want to check out a Sonar site. I use the APC40 for Live, but it is designed for Ableton based on their grid layout (clips and scenes) in the Session View. I know MPC make some nice controllers. Since I don't know Sonar, not sure what controllers work best with that software.

Back