Humbucker in a Strat leans forward (towards the neck)

Gear_Junky

I upgraded a friend's Squier strat to a humbucker in bridge position. Used a GFS pearloid pickguard with HB-size hole, perfect fit.

I've seen this in other guitars, but the 'bucker tends to lean forward (because it's wide, heavy and only held by 2 screws in the middle, which isn't stable).

This makes it hard to adjust it. So what do you do to steady it a bit?

I installed one of the GFS Filter-tron style humbuckers in the bridge of my Stratocaster and had a problem with it leaning also. I think my problem was that some of the cabling from the pickup-it's a 4 conductor pickup and I also ran wires to a DPDT switch for coil splitting-was bunched up and was not quite low enough in the routing. After adjusting the wires it was fine.

What springs do you have in there? Either use longer springs, or some foam rubber under the pickup.

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

Dream 180? i'm curious how that sounds in a strat?

i don't think it's really the cables as you're describing, because i made sure of that when closing it after shielding.

I have the Liverpool Vintage Alnico Humbucker Chrome R12 pickup-and it sounds pretty good in the Strat-I really like the single coil sound with the coils split. I almost went with the Firebird style mini-humbuckers but there was no pickguard that accomodated the smaller mini's for a Strat....

http://store.guitarfetish.com/livialhuch.html

Back