Huge Problem w/ Native Instruments & SONAR

mark4man

MoonMix Studios
[sorry to be posting so often lately...but this one's a biggie & needs to be solved in a big way]...

Every time I use VI's from Native Instruments...as Soft Synths...SONAR goes whacky & will not re-open a project after it's been saved & closed.

If I install a single NI Soft Synth...(normally 'Akoustik' or 'Electrik Piano')...I get a 'Looped Tracks' warning, that reads as follows:

When I hit OK...the project DOES open...but that MIDI Track you're seeing disappears, completely...all data is lost.

If I install an NI Soft Synth & OTHER SS's...(for example, onboard SS's like 'TTS-1' or 'Session Drummer')...I'll get the 'SONARPDR.exe NEEDS TO CLOSE ' window...sometimes w/ a ModName unrelated (?) to NI...such as this:

but normally w/ a ModName related to NI...like this:

Now...the big reason I went out & got Komplete5 in the 1st place was to get the h*** away from the use of romplers. Virtual Instruments sound so much better; & play fine on a modern system (when working correctly). But I really don't feel like going out & spending additional cash for a Muse RECEPTOR or Kore2 to solve this problem (not even being sure if Kore2 could)...& the doggone NI samples should stream as advertised anyway.

So...are there any NI/SONAR users out there experiencing this problem ??? Sure would love to get this solved.

Thanks,

mark4man
ADK Pro Audio Core 2 | Intel DP35DP MoBo/Chipset | Intel Q6600 Quad Core CPU | 4 GB SuperTalent DDR2-800 CL5 RAM | Seagate 160 GB SATA II Primary HD | Western Digital 320 GB SATA II Audio HD | Lynx Aurora8 ~ AES16 | Universal Audio UAD-1 | SONAR PE 7.0.1 | WaveLab 5.0.1 | NI Komplete5

Attachments

• LoopedTracks.jpg
    LoopedTracks.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 19
  • SONARPDR.exe.jpg
    SONARPDR.exe.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 18
  • SONARPDR.exe2.jpg
    SONARPDR.exe2.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Dang...contact Cakewalk and NI. Maybe do a bit of the old reinstall...of Sonar and your NI stuff. I have S6...but no NI. So I dunno.

Wohohoa!

That's some serious stuff! I've never had that happen, but here's the troubleshooting steps I'd follow:

1) If you haven't already, try doing a similar track with something like the z3 (to make sure it's the plugin's interaction with cakewalk, and not cakewalk's own internal clusterf**).

2) Check to make sure you have the latest patch for your version of cakewalk (if you have it... re-install the patch anyway), then try again (not just opening the messed up song, but recreate it and try opening it.

3) Uninstall the plugin and try to open your song (should just get a plugin error, but still have the MIDI there).

4) Completely wipe out Sonar and all plugins and re-install them all

5) Investigate what else you have on your system (it could also be a direct-x conflict)

If none of that works... get Pro Tools m-powered... :eek:

Back