How to

dogooder

I have a new video I am working on. I could use feedback on the audio. I usually just make the video and post it to youtube then share. How would I go about
posting just an MP3 of a mix I am working on. I assume I have to have it somewhere.
DW

Just click the "Attach files" button below the draft of your thread post, and a dialog will show up which allows you to attach an mp3 to your post. You'll have to click "Insert" to place it within your post.

Reactions: TAE
If you want to share music outside of this site there are numerous hosting sites that will host your songs for free. Soundcloud is a popular option but there are others. You can also upload files to something like Google Drive and send a link to the songs.

Reactions: TAE
Does anyone know if the MP3 player of the attachment changes the bitrate for steaming or if it actually streams the original?

if you upload at least 1080p video to YouTube, and the user watches as HD, that was supposed to be the best quality, but YouTube does it’s own thing to the entire video stream and you can be sure it’s been squashed in some manner if your upload had uncompressed or FLAC audio. I suspect even 320kbps does not survive.

If it’s a detailed mix you might consider using something like Dropbox or similar and upload a non-lossy format. Or, SoundCloud does offer HD (at some cost), which I think will guarantee your 256k and maybe 320k get through. I usually upload 320k there because the embedded player is widely supported and I think you’ll get more listens that way.

Does anyone know if the MP3 player of the attachment changes the bitrate for steaming or if it actually streams the original?

if you upload at least 1080p video to YouTube, and the user watches as HD, that was supposed to be the best quality, but YouTube does it’s own thing to the entire video stream and you can be sure it’s been squashed in some manner if your upload had uncompressed or FLAC audio. I suspect even 320kbps does not survive.

If it’s a detailed mix you might consider using something like Dropbox or similar and upload a non-lossy format. Or, SoundCloud does offer HD (at some cost), which I think will guarantee your 256k and maybe 320k get through. I usually upload 320k there because the embedded player is widely supported and I think you’ll get more listens that way.
I believe embedding here on HR does not change the sound bitrate or anything. It should stream the original. In a recent thread we briefly discussed YouTube "doing its own thing"... It would be nice if someone founded a website where there's no squashing algorithm for any type of media. I think it would really appeal to us audiophiles/musicians.

Just an addendum to previous suggestions to posting mp3's or images here. I just drag mine from the folder into the post with the cursor and then click insert.
I host Mp3's on soundclick and soundcloud ( has a limit to free) and it's another way to share out side of this forum. The new Xenforo BBS software used here at HR.com makes it easy to share your Mp3's within a post here. Not sure if it changes the bitrate but I doubt it.

Just an addendum to previous suggestions to posting mp3's or images here. I just drag mine from the folder into the post with the cursor and then click insert.
I host Mp3's on soundclick and soundcloud ( has a limit to free) and it's another way to share out side of this forum. The new Xenforo BBS software used here at HR.com makes it easy to share your Mp3's within a post here. Not sure if it changes the bitrate but I doubt it.
When the final mix is done and the video is done I will just post it to my youtube channel for anyone to check out.

I don't know what type of file Blender spits out for the videos but it is a .mkv when I upload it?

Back