How to vocoder easy way?

YanKleber

Retired
I'd like to add some vocoder singing in my tracks such as the found in the chorus of "Talking in your sleep" (The Romantics) and "Mr. Blue Sky" (ELO).

I am a poor home producer limited to VSTs and a simple microphone. So I am looking for an easy and cheap way of doing it (if possible)... :-)

Thanks.

PS: I use Reaper.

You know how to insert a VST in the DAW FX window?

Morphoder is simple. DAW sees midi keyboard or not. Place Morphoder in the FX window.
Screenshot 2022-02-05 150458.jpg
Click midi to use your keyboard as guide.

Morphoder is a simple classic VST vocoder that is easy to use.

OVOX is a very nice vocal synth that can do anything. FX. Mapper. ARPer. Complex. Harder learning curve. Plenty of presets hundreds..

Both are from Waves. No I lok. Relatively inexpensive. Both have 7 day free functional trials.

Do you actually need a vocoder. How about hte good old Peter Frampton plastic pipe option.
I made one from a plastic pipe, an old telephone speaker, and a brass flange I came accross.

Morphoder is a simple classic VST vocoder that is easy to use.

OVOX is a very nice vocal synth that can do anything. FX. Mapper. ARPer. Complex. Harder learning curve. Plenty of presets hundreds..

Both are from Waves. No I lok. Relatively inexpensive. Both have 7 day free functional trials.
Yeah, I watched a video demo in YT and it seems to fit my needs for much less $$$. :love:

I just found a totally free vocoder VST called TAL-Vocoder that sounds very decent for my needs, specially because I am after that characteristic sound of the 1980s.

Here's a video demo of it:

Back