How much money do you have invested in your studio?

How much have you spent on your studio??

• $0-$500

Votes: 74 6.9%
  • $501-$1000

Votes: 115 10.7%
  • $1001-$3000

Votes: 235 21.8%
  • $3001-$5000

Votes: 176 16.4%
  • $5001-$10,000

Votes: 180 16.7%
  • $10,001-$20,000

Votes: 116 10.8%
  • $20,001-$50,000

Votes: 95 8.8%
  • $50,000-$100,000

Votes: 29 2.7%
  • $100,001+

Votes: 23 2.1%
  • Can't say.... my wife might see this....

Votes: 33 3.1%

• Total voters
Personally, around $800. Combined (with my fiancee), around $2000-ish. But it grows a bit every couple of months, we're working on it.

I bought another house just to accommodate my gear and "studio",...

so you know I just stepped off the deep end financially!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

/film at eleven!/

Matheon said:
as dirt poor as i am how did i ever get roped into this business :confused:
i hope i'm not the only person that lives in a shack, drives an 80s automobile, and has thousands of dollars of crap i don't need but can't live without.

No, you're not. You're really , really not.

Did I tell'ya I bought a house!

A...
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((SECOND))))))))))))))))))))))
..................................(...echo...effect...).............................
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HOUSE))))))))))))))))))))))))
..................................(...echo...effect...).............................
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((..TO..)))))))))))))))))))))))))
(((((((((((((((((((((((ACCOMMODATE)))))))))))))))))))))
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((..MY..))))))))))))))))))))))))))
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((.GEAR!.))))))))))))))))))))))))

I swear to god, my wife & kids live next door & I live in my own house with my gear. Only a true gearhead would live with his gear and not his family! And costly? Yeah, and worth it! :eek: ;) Having 1500sf of space & 7 rooms to use as studio and project space is priceless! You heard it here, first! :eek: ;)

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Last edited:
im jealous reel...

i moved up again, bought that new computer about 3 months early...
so i guess i'm up to somwheres in the 17k range, but the world may never know!

i swear if my mom ever learned how to use a computer and she saw this, i would be laying dead in the middle of the street..

im slowing (slowed) down. no more anything until after christmas, and then even then, very little.. i'll allow something like 2k for myself to spend.

of course, i've been watching ebay for Pro Tools HD1 systems ;)

i wouldnt dare... well, i will try not to..

i saw an HD1 core for 5k, i was thinking, thats not bad at all, i could manage if i really tried. add a 96i i/o, for another 1200ish, and i'll have about the same thing, in a TDM setup.....

no no no no no!!! evil thoughts!!!

Yeah, I stepped off the deep end financially on this!

That's not counting the 20K or so of gear, itself!

Of course, a this time I've slacked my gear purchases down to near-zero, until further notice. I still buy a few things, here & there. I have a ton of stuff, though. The most recent stuff I bought were several bargain microphones and reels of tape. :eek: :eek: ;)

I broke $1200 today with a purchase of another pre, which kinda sucks because i'm trapped at school away from my studio so I don't get to play with my new toy. :(

well my studios worth is more then the money spent on equipment, but they both fit within the $5,001-$10,000 bracket. Its nice havin hooks ups.
:)

I just spent another $40 on shipping for a $1 eBay violin, and when I get my paycheck on Friday I'm spending an immediate $200 on another MXL mic package (so we can have one at each house), shockmounts, and a preamp.

I voted 20K to 50K but really I started buying alot for live stuff at 17 years old. I really invested alot at about 18 to 30 and most of the stuff crosses over to recording. I did just dump 2K on sonar 6 and a new core 2 duo conroe daw:) so on and on it goes. Now I'm looking for a used Makie 32X8 board with direct outs Just another 2K. Thank god the wife is cool;)

F.S.

dwillis45 said:
Of course, the most interesting question for me is how much of this stuff do I really need? How much has been replaced or upgraded over time? And what proportion was a total waste of money?

SO TRUE! :eek:

I am just over the $100 mark!

I bought all Behringer stuff. Love it.

Gear list:
Behringer console.........$4
Berry Compressors (10)....$2 each
Berry Mics (5).....$3 each
Eq, Virtualizer PRO, Tube pre-amps.........Bag deal $20
Cable tester, mic cables, Vamp PRO..........the rest

Total $100.50

Cool.

About $7800. I have to pay everything off before I'll allow myself to start buying more (HAH!).

Oops, forgot the realtraps!

BRIEFCASEMANX said:
I'm at about 10-11k and charge 20 dollars per song :confused: :( :cool:

I charge $40! Cheap engineers of washington unite!

Here is a list of what i own.

1. MXL D.R.K Desktop Recording Kit
2. Alto 12 Channel Mixer Retailed Price
3. Nady Pop Filter
4. Fruity Loops Edition Five
5. 3 Cds Full Of Fruity Loop Sounds
6. Cubase 2.1
7. Sony Sound Forge 8.0

Add It Up

About $9000.00. That consists of:

A computer, Keystation 88 Weighted KEy Controller, Software, Plugins, Studio Projects C1, Marshall 990, Marshall 991, Studio Projects VTB-1, Comp 16 compressor, Event 20/20 BAS monitors,cables, etc.

Back