How Many People Are Using Cassettes Here?

The new album, did she contribute anything? A complete airhead manipulated by the industry, devioid of any talent apart from a shitty little nasaly voice.
As usual, she was involved in writing and producing every song. She also did a lot of the artwork for the covers. Methinks you underestimated the young lady.

I fucking hate Def Leppard and I fucking hate Mutt Lange!!!! It is shit horrible! Just use everything you have in the studio, BANG BANG, no style, no finnesse, .
I despair
Yeah, but he recorded to tape, so it must have been great.

Seriously, you seem to be in the same mood as Beaky in the BIllie Eilish thread. Chill out, man!

"Throw them in a box for 40 years and you will still be able to play them" BS, I recently (for other reasons that might be written up in the DIY section) dug out some cassettes that had been recorded 20,30 or more years ago. Some were fine but a couple jammed the mech and stopped it. One 'thew a loop' and another was wowy, tape was curled and crinkly. These were a mix of TDK AD, SA, Maxell UD, BASF Chrome and other decent quality tapes.

As for "digital audio being advanced technology that will be difficult to re construct in the future? More cow issue. A visitor from another galaxy will be well able to decode .wav. "Digits" are the way the universe works. Said alien would find it hard to make a cassette head and mech' And, how TF would it know what time constants to employ?

Dave.

As usual, she was involved in writing and producing every song. She also did a lot of the artwork for the covers. Methinks you underestimated the young lady.

Seriously, you seem to be in the same mood as Beaky in the BIllie Eilish thread. Chill out, man!
Sorry 🤥 was just having a hissy rant, ignore me. Robert John is a great producer to make Deaf Leopard sound good and Back in Black was great. But I still say Taylor Swift is shite 🤣

I have to say, though, how/why is there so much hiss? I've used 4-tracks for years, and I don't think I could get this much hiss if I tried. Were y'all not using noise reduction and also printing very low levels or something? I don't get it.
Probably some or all of that, and if bouncing tracks that multiplies the tape hiss.

I did watch the film about Billy Ellish. Wasn't he the kid that wanted to be a ballet dancer but his tough working class Miner dad disowned him?
And that Harry Kane West bloke who is called a genius? Only thing I have seen from him is a hilarious bad cod comedy rap over a backing track of Bohemian Rhapsody and his rampant anti scemitism and support for Donald Trump.. bit strange really when The Don regards anyone of colour as a lower form of life 🤨.
Genius conman is that Kane or Ye or the piss artist formally known as Whatever. Symbol .....next name

2nd rant over Tal 🥰🤪🤪

"Throw them in a box for 40 years and you will still be able to play them" BS, I recently (for other reasons that might be written up in the DIY section) dug out some cassettes that had been recorded 20,30 or more years ago. Some were fine but a couple jammed the mech and stopped it. One 'thew a loop' and another was wowy, tape was curled and crinkly. These were a mix of TDK AD, SA, Maxell UD, BASF Chrome and other decent quality tapes.

As for "digital audio being advanced technology that will be difficult to re construct in the future? More cow issue. A visitor from another galaxy will be well able to decode .wav. "Digits" are the way the universe works. Said alien would find it hard to make a cassette head and mech' And, how TF would it know what time constants to employ?

Dave.
Thats true and a bit heavy Dave, get it, not taking the mick. Binary is the simplest form and why it was used. Two choices. 1 or 0, good or bad, right or wrong.

I just go back to the point I was trying to make a while ago. I really do believe that big business promotes hardware versus download now as a retro fashion because with cassette and vinyl format they can now regain control of the music industry and profit. With dowload it was being taken out of their hands. Now with the the retro hardware they can take it back in conjunction with the producers of the machines.
Another way to look at it... they're failing at bringing back physical copies, being that they still only represent a miniscule amount of overall sales.

Another way to look at it... they're failing at bringing back physical copies, being that they still only represent a miniscule amount of overall sales.
I still reserve my right to like the old formats, it is just a genuine like of mine not fashion and I would not try to say anymore that it is better. Of course new tech is better than old in the same way that electric cars are better than my old Jag in every way. But I wlll stick with the V8 😀

Someday, when the whole world is driving electric cars, you're going to have the same trouble find the gasoline you need for that V8 that people today have buying cassettes. o_O

BTW, you keep referring to your old Jag. A '99 isn't old. When I hear "old Jag", I think of THIS:

iu

And, speaking of old cars, as I was playing golf today, I notice an MGA parked by the side of the road. It looked to be in prime shape. While we were standing there looking on from a distance, a fellow in a Corvette rode by and he even slowed down to give it a good look. Its too bad I was too far away to snap a photo.

Someday, when the whole world is driving electric cars, you're going to have the same trouble find the gasoline you need for that V8 that people today have buying cassettes. o_O

BTW, you keep referring to your old Jag. A '99 isn't old. When I
Its old by modern standards.
Jay Leno said the electric motor will replace the internal combustion engine which is prehistoric 120 year old tech. Then we can enjoy our old sports cars for the simple love and enjoyment of them. In the same way that the ICE freed up horses to be things of beauty 120 years ago instead of being worked to death.
Lovely E type xxx 🥰

BTW, you keep referring to your old Jag. A '99 isn't old. When I hear "old Jag", I think of THIS:

iu

And, speaking of old cars, as I was playing golf today, I notice an MGA parked by the side of the road. It looked to be in prime shape. While we were standing there looking on from a distance, a fellow in a Corvette rode by and he even slowed down to give it a good look. Its too bad I was too far away to snap a photo.
I am completly a fan of the electric motor, it will save our planet, but not with batteries, they are crap and heavy and dirty to produce. What happens when the mines in Canada run out of Nickel? Useless. The answer is the electric motor with Hydrogen Cell. You can not power an airplane with 20 tonnes of batteries or solar panels but you can with Hydrogen cell. Batteries are a useless and a temporary stop gap with the electric motor. Hydrogen cell will the electric motor be the future of our planet despite what that c*** Musk claims.

iu

Getting back out on the Golf course today after 6 weeks out with a bad back and tennis elbow. Looking forward to seeing the guys again and a beer afterwards. Godfrey is 87 ... 30 years older than me and fit as a fiddle, he just hits it 200 yards straight down the middle every time. It inspires me to keep going after my mental health difficulties over the last couple of years 🥰🥰👍👍

iu

I am fairly sure that if in 100 years time people find antique cassette decks, like old violins or antique furniture then there will be some little bespoke company that will make cassette tapes again.

I am fairly sure that if in 100 years time people find antique cassette decks, like old violins or antique furniture then there will be some little bespoke company that will make cassette tapes again.
Who would have thought we would ever see vinyl and turntables again?
I have some Persimmon woods on my racks on the wall. Tiger Woods did a challenge with Rory hitting old Persimmon drivers a couple of years back. They both agreed how much better they felt and how they could work the ball better in both directions. There is a UK company called Prosimmon now producing hollowed out wooden drivers with the latest modern tech and 45 inch shafts and 400cc that have the distance of Titaniam but with all of the feel and workabilty of the original 200cc persimmon heads.

There's a company not far from me that has been making persimmon and hickory clubs for many years. My son had one when he first started playing as a kid. They are very cool clubs. The putters feel nice, but I couldn't use the woods.

However, if they were as great as the new tech, you would be seeing them out on the pro tour. I have yet to see a pro pull out his Niblick from his bag. Just about like I haven't heard about Jimmy Iovine or Mutt Lange putting out new music from a multitrack cassette deck.

nib2_jpeg_1800x1800.jpg
Classic-50s-Soleplate_clipped_rev_1_81087abe-44b7-45c9-91f0-c4a99ac9513d_1800x1800.png

I use everything to record. I fully enjoy tracking with tascam 238’s. I love it and the sound too. Mixing analog is time consuming I can get job done a lot faster with a laptop and when pressed for time I use laptop. When I have time I would rather use all tape rtr or cassette and rack gear. It brought back fun for me. I got burned out staring at computer screen. Fixing every little thing it got to be crazy. Cassette is cheap easy to deal with those little tapes and I picked up a lot of work with young bands insisting on doing projects on cassette start to finish they even release on cassettes. :-) I have stereo cassette decks in my studio and at home for listening to music. I like the sound. I have stereo rtr too.

There's a company not far from me that has been making persimmon and hickory clubs for many years. My son had one when he first started playing as a kid. They are very cool clubs. The putters feel nice, but I couldn't use the woods.

However, if they were as great as the new tech, you would be seeing them out on the pro tour. I have yet to see a pro pull out his Niblick from his bag. Just about like I haven't heard about Jimmy Iovine or Mutt Lange putting out new music from a multitrack cassette deck.

nib2_jpeg_1800x1800.jpg
Classic-50s-Soleplate_clipped_rev_1_81087abe-44b7-45c9-91f0-c4a99ac9513d_1800x1800.png
Touch of class Tal 😃

Btw way I Stank! today on the course. Just nice to get out. Jag battery was flat after 6 weeks, forgot to disconnect, doh. Had to get a jump off the lady next door (not literally).

nib2_jpeg_1800x1800.jpg
Mutt was a great producer, I think I was just having a rant against Deaf Leopard a very average band who got lucky, but Joe is a great singer, right up there.
Why do bands mis spell their names? Its not big and it is not clever 😅 I think they might have liked Lynyrd Skynyrd. Leonard Skinner was the most awful bully of a teacher that told the boys .... you no good, you are long haired losers, you will never do anything! Mr Skinner was flattered the band was named after him, in later years.
Tin Lizzy after the torture instrument... went to London and the gig announcer thought it was an Irish accent mis pronciation and called them Thin Lizzy. They stormed the gig and kept the name.

..... I might have made this all up, but some of it is true 🤣🤣

Nothing is better than a good rant when you are a grumpy old man xxx 🥰

nib2_jpeg_1800x1800.jpg

I love Jack and Tiger, but Seve is my hero. They won more majors but for me he was the greatest. A poor boy from Pedrena who had nothing, rags to ritches. He was the son of a peasant Spanish farmer who was not allowed on the golf course. He had to learn his golf on the beach and in the dunes with only an old rusty 3 iron to do everthing. He was like an artist painting on a canvas, he could play shots which other pros could only dream of. He would hit wild drives deep into the trees then hit an impossible shot on the green and make birdie. True genius. He had the rock star looks, the smile and the swagger and charisma. My hero Seve.

I still have my Tascam 488MKII ... just had it rebuilt/refinished. Harmon Cardon tape deck too, Panasonic DAT ... just like having them around. Use Tascam 24SD ... marvelous machine.

Back