Doug Eaton Acoustic
Seagul Acoustic
1986-7 American Standard Strat (Grafitti Yellow) w/ Pete Biltoft P90's
P.O.S. Epiphone LP-100
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Paul Reed Smith Custom 22
Ibanez Artcore AS-73
Mexican Fender Jazz Bass

i had 17 guitars at my loopiest and thats not counting banjos, basses, violins, mandolins, etc

but hey i HAD to have that many to try different types to see which i liked best. you cant just try it at the store to REALLY TRY it.

you have to have all the different kinds at home with you.

I agree, and it's the best way of approaching it with my wife...

So, I need a 12 string electric, a Tele, a better classical, a better 12 string acoustic, etc.

Oh, and a jazzbox of some kind.

Oh, and something with P90's on it....

theres so many combinations and variations and theres only one way to be sure - try them all

ibanez is making some sweet looking artcores. ive been lusting after them since they first came out.

Just getting the Harem in order...:D

Harmony Meteor Hollowbody elec
Samick elec
Tradition elec
Regal resonator
LTD Viper400 elec
Crafter Acoustic
Morrel Lap Steel elec
Fender FotoFlame Telecaster elec ~Casanova
Jackson Dinky TFF elec
IBANEZ SA series elec
Hagstrom Swede GOT elec ~Cap'n Jack
Spector Electric Bass
Japanese Electric Bass

I was playing the Swede earlier(well, what I call play:D) ...and I can say, without a doubt...it is my favorite at the moment....damn full, deep throated tone with sweet sweet high notes on command....oooooo....I am loving it!!!...I just had to share this with the world!!...okay...back to preparing supper!!! Eurt wants sammich and beer...and she called me a bitch to fetch it!!! :eek:!

Hmmm, Let's see

59' Gibson J200 Acoustic
62' Gibson Melody Maker Frankenstein "my favorite"
90' Conklin Custom " Showed at the NAMM show in Anneheim"
91' Conklin Custom "Showed at the NAMM show in Anneheim"
89' Conklin 1/2 scale
39' Silvertone Acoustic
94' Fender Strat
74' Fender 12 string Acoustic
2000 Conklin 5-string Bass
1905 Violin
1962 Silvertone 5-string Banjo
1978 Alvarez Deluxe 5 string Banjo
Mountain Man Hummingbird Dulcimer
seems like I'm missing something, Hmmm, and yes I play all of them.

Looks like I am about to move up from a 'spice of life' gearslut, to a 'serious collector' gearslut.

It's possible that, tomorrow, I may walk out of a shop with a Hanika classical guitar. These are probably a well-kept secret outside of the EU. Last week, I tried out a few, and they were probably the nicest sounding, looking, and playing nylon string geets I've ever played. Not that I've played a lot, mind, but still. These things are at least partially hand-made, and, best of all, no Chinese proletarians were exploited in their manufacture.

I have to right my karma for buying the Artcore....

:cool:

Stay tuned, same Bat-time, same Bat-channel!

:D

And then there were 9:

[img=https://img153.imageshack.us/img153/1685/dsc03303dc1.th.jpg]

It is a Hanika 50MF (made in Germany), pretty much a bottom of the line model. Solid wood body (spruce top, mahogany back and sides), mostly hand-made (except the neck, I think). I needed a decent nylon string, and this is it. Very nice, clear, even tone. I tried about 7 models today, for about 3 hours. I chose this one over a more expensive model. The more expensive model was better, but not €300.00s better.

This cost €524.00. Case was extra.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Number 10 is on its way.....

http://www.stevesmusiccenter.com/AlvarezMSD1Big.jpg

It is an Alvarez MSD1 3/4 size travel guitar, for the park, and my upcoming trip to London (if I can get it on the plane).

This little geet has got some good reviews, a lot of people have said that they prefer it over the Baby Taylor (which was my first option). All solid wood.

Made in China, which I'll have to do penance for, likely by buying a Martin next time around....

Last edited:
Number 17 I added two weeks ago. Used Peavey JF2 EX (gold sparkle top/semi-hollow, 2 mini humbuckers, 2 volume & tone controls, 3-way switching and Bigsby vibrato) that I'd tried out when it was new. The previous owner decided he wanted something different, as well as more expensive, and had traded the Peavey and an acoustic.

As soon as I've got enough OT money saved to buy a matching dryer to the front loading washer I bought, last week, I'll start saving money toward guitar #18, which will be a 12-string electric. In the running for #18 are the Fender Stratocaster XII, and Rickenbacker 360/12. After that, I'll go for a lap steel guitar, which will put me to 19, then I'll buy one more Fender Stratocaster, and I'll pretty much be done with my collection at 19 guitars, unless I get a wild hair enough to go for another Gibson Les Paul. I still want a Fender Jaguar Bass (Hot Rod Red w/color matched headstock), which would put me to 22 guitars, seeing as how it's highly likely that I will eventually buy another Gibson Les Paul (with 'buckers, since I already have one with P90s). :D

When I do buy another Fender Stratocaster, I will be looking to heavily modify it toward creating my own unique surf instrumental sound. I'll delete the middle and neck pickups, along with one tone control and the 5-way switch, and replace the bridge pickup with a P90 pickup. My dad owns a router, so fitting a P90 in place of a single coil or humbucker (depending if I start with an SSS or HSS Strat) will be no problem. The reason I'm looking to do something like this is, that I know of, there are no electric guitars out there having just a bridge pickup and tremolo/vibrato.

Matt

I've thought about the Fender electric 12, as well. Ever played one?
Haven't yet had a chance to try either. For what they cost, I'm not gonna take any chances, so I'll try as many examples of each that I can get my hands on. I won't rule out other brands, such as Gretsch.

Matt

Possibly, somewhere down the road. I'd be more inclined to trust the Fender, but I'd probably try the Danelectro first.

Didn't Page use a Fender electric 12 string on Stairway to Heaven?

Oh, my kleine Gitarre arrived a few minutes ago. I am a pretty big guy, and I kinda dwarf this thing... lololol...

First impression is that it is very good for fingerpicking, not so great on strumming. Don't like the Elixir Polywebs on it. Strange to find a €15.00 set of strings on a €255.00 guitar! LOL!

WOW, I just noticed my chicklets went through the roof! True, was that you?

My latest two. A G&L Legacy and a BC Rich Mockingbird.
This makes a dozen now, I can't stop myself, the Rich was a great deal
at The Music Farm in Ohio.

Attachments

• bcrich.jpg
    bcrich.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 146
Back