Votes: 628 35.7%
  • 9-12 I'm a serious collector.

Votes: 160 9.1%
  • Over 13 Maybe I should open a store.

Votes: 180 10.2%

• Total voters
true-eurt said:
I have a Morrell

I haven't really done much with it...or attempted to should I say. ;)

A good friend of mine that was in my first band had one of those Gibson bakelite lap steel guitars. That was my first experience with a slide guitar of any kind-I didn't find the 'E' tuning worked very well as it limits you to major chords for the most part-I can work around a 'G' tuning much easier.

It looked very much like the one in the image-only the color was a light blue mother of pearl finish.

Attachments

• Magnatone lap steel-1.jpg
    Magnatone lap steel-1.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
Anfontan said:
A good friend of mine that was in my first band had one of those Gibson bakelite lap steel guitars. That was my first experience with a slide guitar of any kind-I didn't find the 'E' tuning worked very well as it limits you to major chords for the most part-I can work around a 'G' tuning much easier.

It looked very much like the one in the image-only the color was a light blue mother of pearl finish.
That is cool Tony. That one is a string through too.

Bakelite!! Imagine that....I wonder how many Bakelite collectors own one of those?

I was looking mine over and it was made in the U.S.A. ....out of solid Poplar. The instruction booklet has a 1993 copyright on it...but still doesn't tell me what year mine was made...but obvious it was 1993 or later.

1 amazing guitar that I've had since I started playing. I am intresting in gettin a couple more like a Fender Strat it'd have to have a humbucker though on the bridge. Also want a Jackson Dinky ain't sure what type though. My guitar at the moment is a BC Rich NJ Strat its been a workhourse for me for a long time now, but lately its starting to go out of tune alot in the middle of songs. Need to get it in the shop

As of Saturday, 8. This is she, name of 'Bel.' Really beautiful guitar. Will probably replace my Strat as my main electric axe.

:cool:

Attachments

• 112260_big.jpg
    112260_big.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 109
MK-Ultra said:
As of Saturday, 8. This is she, name of 'Bel.' Really beautiful guitar. Will probably replace my Strat as my main electric axe.

:cool:
Nice,I'm always impressed at the value you get for the price on those Ibanez guitars.

Back