How do you make an E-MU 0404 work in Cakewalk?

brandonkrause

I bought the E-MU 0404 about 2 months ago and still haven't figured it out... I love Cakewalk and tried Cubasis but Cubasis seems so hard, and I would love to keep with Cakewalk because I've used it for years... When I open my PatchMix DSP, I can see the audio from my mixer going into the soundcard just fine and can hear it coming out of my monitors. However, I cannot get any signal in Cakewalk no matter how hard I try.

I have all other sound cards disabled and all other audio disabled. The E-MU 0404 is selected as the default input and output source.

I have tried all sample rates and bit depths, but still nothing???

Just curious, what driver type you use? I heard 0404 has bugs on it's WDM driver... Try other driver modes (ASIO or MME) to test it...

Don't forget to re-profile your card after changing mode.

And did you select playback / Recording timing master in Options --> Audio?

;)
Jaymz

yeah... i made it the timing master and i disabled all other audio cards and stuff before even installing... it was the only thing shown and it must've been the driver because when i went into "sound and audio devices properties" it showed the default card "E-MU 0404" but i couldn't move any sliders or anything...

i know how to re-profile it but could you please tell me how to change to ASIO or MME??

Well, what "Cakewalk" do you use? You can use ASIO exclusively with Sonar 2.2XL, Sonar 3 or Sonar 4. Other "Cakewalk" line like older Homestudios don't support ASIO.

Usualy, it's Options --> Audio --> Advanced tab.

Check driver mode, and try MME (just for testing sake...) :)

;)
Jaymz

Sorry but Cakewalk PA 9 doesn't support ASIO... :(

What Windows?

I don't have 0404, but there must be some mixer application firmware. Do you need to tweak it? Selecting recording source, output route, etc...?

i don't even know... when i install the card and even go into the windows mixer everything is gray and locked out... i can't even change anything about the sound card... u know?

confused.

i also have an emu 0404 soundcard.i had the same problems as you are having an am still trying to figure it out fully. have you tried the product default on the dsp patchmix?you may at least hear something.dont bother to contact the manufacturers as they are no help they will blame cakewalk for the problem and suggest you use cubasis.are you using the card for midi or audio or both? :confused:

i use it for stricktly audio, and i never call tech support no matter what my problem is because 99% of the time i can figure things out before they can. this happens to be an exception, but i don't really NEED this sound card anyways...

i think you may need to upgrade your cakewalk.i upgraded from cakewalk 8 to sonar 3.it will work on sonar 3 go to audio options/ advanced /driver mode.set this to default then try to record.i tried the emu card with cw8 and was'nt able to use it.hope this may help you.

i spent the weekend setting my card up to record- it only records audio in ASIO mode - sorry! think you should upgrade your cakewalk!

Back