how do you get that Zed Leppelin sound?

Shortly after this I bought a pair of SM81s from moresound that I'm still using :D

:thumbs up: SM81's are the bee's knees. I get a very solid sound from them on overheads. I actually sold the KM84 I used on acoustic guitar because I preferred the sound of the SM81. Recently one of my SM81's took roughly an 8 foot plunge onto a hard wood floor. The capsule hit the floor head on and I thought my mic was done for sure. After a few seconds of horror I gave it a try and alas! It lives!

Ok well thats enough ranting for one post. On another note who it Zed Leppelin anyway?

Lol the Zed Leppelin thing was the joke
I'm surprised no one caught it until now :D

With that said - I appreciate the input but I'm not trying to (nor have I ever tried to) sound like John Bonham.
I don't even really listen to Zeppelin.
Sorry for the confusion.

But I'm sure a couple of months (or years) from now someone will reply to this thread thinking that I'm looking for Bonham sound tips when in reality I just wanted some overhead mic suggestions :p

I'm not trying to (nor have I ever tried to) sound like John Bonham.
I don't even really listen to Zeppelin.
But I'm sure a couple of months (or years) from now someone will reply to this thread thinking that I'm looking for Bonham sound tips when in reality I just wanted some overhead mic suggestions :p
You created a monster !

You might go back and give a listen to them You might learn something! LOL! I guarantee you that RAMI listened to them.

Back