How Do I Bounce Tracks????

liveatthetascam

Hi this may sound really stupid but i have recently given up on computer recording and gone back to my TASCAM PORTASTUDIO 02mkII, 4 track.
I have recorded on 3 of the tracks and want to bounce down to the fourth but have no idea how to do it step-by-step!!!!!
The internet had been no help but i know there is a difference between internal and external bounces.
You guys are my last hope!!!
thanks
J

I could be technicaly wrong but the way i've always done it has been, in your case, to run tracks 1 through 3 back out into my mixer, and make sure each level is good with each other, no phase problems, eq is right, etc. then arm track 4 to record and using the mixer send tracks 1 through 3 (the ones you sent into the mixer) back out onto track 4.
Thats what i do with my equipment but i dont use a studio in a box so i know it's different.

The Porta 02 manual tells you to do all bouncing to a separate deck. I don't think you can ping pong tracks inside the Porta 02, at least I was never able to. You should record something else onto track 4 to take full advantage of of the mixdown, then connect the stereo RCA outs on the back of the Porta 02 to the stereo inputs on your mastering tape deck, balance the levels/pan the tracks accordingly on the Porta 02, and then record that output onto the mastering deck. Then you take that new stereo master tape and put it into the Porta 02, hardpan tracks 1 and 2 left and right and you've got your stereo mix, with track 3 and 4 open for overdubs. Repeat the process for more overdubs. And get ready for piles of tape hiss.

Back