how can use my stereo cabnet correctly?

jasgav

Hello I have a Kustom 5 watt amp head and it has 3 outputs 1 - 4 ohm 1 - 8 ohm and 1 - 16 ohm. how can I use my stero 2-12 cabnet which has 2 - 8 ohm inputs. correctly? I know I can plug the 8 ohm output of the amp into one of the inputs of the cabnets but I'm hoping I can use both speakers some how and still have the ohms match correctly. I always get the math messed up to make this happen. Can I use a y-cable to input both speakers from one of the outputs? Thanks in advance

If you get a splitter that hooks the two speakers up in parallel, then you will have a 4 ohm load. Not sure that Kustom is going to drive 2 12"s very well unless they are high efficiency.

Make sure that you get a speaker splinter (Y cable) and not a normal radio shack adapter.. A speaker cable is different than a normal line cable.

If you get a splitter that hooks the two speakers up in parallel, then you will have a 4 ohm load. Not sure that Kustom is going to drive 2 12"s very well unless they are high efficiency.
a 5 watt tube amp'll drive 2 12's just fine.
LOTS of folks run little 5 watters into 4x12 cabs.

Make sure that you get a speaker splitter (Y cable) and not a normal radio shack adapter.. A speaker cable is different than a normal line cable.
^^^^ this ^^^^^

And just to be sure ..... are you certain that cab IS stereo? Just because it has two jacks doesn't mean it's stereo. Not insulting you BTW ...... just wanna be sure since I have seen folks assume a cab was stereo when it wasn't.

And just to be sure ..... are you certain that cab IS stereo? Just because it has two jacks doesn't mean it's stereo. Not insulting you BTW ...... just wanna be sure since I have seen folks assume a cab was stereo when it wasn't.

This ^^^^^

I have a 2x12 with two jacks. It's not a stereo cab. It's a mono cab with two jacks so it can be daisy-chained with another cab.

thanks guys. My 4-12 has the two inputs for daisy-chaining so I know about that. The cab states its a stereo cab on the specs plate but I was going to pull the grill off and double check to make sure.

Back