Homemade Booth

Look,man...I was just giving back a little because you made a smart assed remark. If you can't take it then fuck you. Bozo....

I'll be the big guy here. Go ahead and be an asshole and I'll just ignore you. Shame, because everyone else on this board seems to be good folks. I don't really give a shit if you like my booth or not...but there is no reason to get personal. A lot of folks on here have criticized my methods and that is fine...at least they might offer some positive advice. But not you, you gotta be the know it all big shot asshole who implies that I am stupid...so I take a little shot back and you can't take it. Well, have your say dickhead, I got nothing more to say to you..

HAHAHA!

You're killing me, man. You can dish it out but you can't take it, you little loser.

My favorite part is you saying "I'll be the big guy here"....and then whining on and on in a 300 word paragraph that makes it obvious you need a diaper change.

Grow a pair of balls and then come talk to me, dickless. In the meantime, enjoy the egg-crates............:laughings::laughings:

Yea...Rami and his little band of thugs like gregL..they sure are helpful folks eh?:laughings::laughings::p

Here is my fast easy and cheap solution:

1/2 inch ply cut in half, BED FOAM covered in fabric and attached so it pooches out and creates a void behind. And jean legs for hinges screwed onto each side of the seam of the ply.

Works for me, fuck em.

Plus egg cartons should disperse sound even if they dont absorb it...
HAHAHA! Fuck, you're stupid. Yup, you two clueless Bozos keep using your egg-crates and claiming it works for you, rather than admit that you learned something.....Complete ignorance. :rolleyes:

Plus egg cartons should disperse sound even if they dont absorb it.
Yup, you're really fucking stupid. :D

Weasel, you didnt read what you quoted...

Egg cartons arent flat, tell me why they wont disperse sound and youll be saying that they absorb it...

Why do I have to keep reminding you guys this is HOME RECORDING?
:laughings:

I was in the same boat not too long ago. I thought matress foam worked and egg crates would work fine. I was a complete idiot. I now understand what proper acoustics sound like and what your treatment should actually do. You're wasting your time/energy/money. No one is trying to be a dick to you for the sake of being a dick, but ignorance loves company. More people will see your booth and want to copy it thinking it works just like you. Sit in a booth with Rigid fiberglass or rockwool before you say your booth works. Just because something may abosrb or deflect a frequency doesn't mean it will sound good. Just because a shark could give you a blow job doesn't mean you should unzip, know what I'm saying? Think about it.

Egg cartons arent flat, tell me why they wont disperse sound and youll be saying that they absorb it...

I thought you said you had the ignore button working. I knew you were a liar as well as a coward.:D:D

How many more people have to tell you that you're wrong before you admit that you're completely clueless???? You just keep living in denial, rather than admit you're being an idiot, which everyone else can plainly see.

Once again: Egg-crates do NOTHING. Fact.

Now, go change your diapers. You're embarrassing yourself. Badly.:laughings::laughings:

my 1 guy out of 6.8 billion thoughts:

* a lot of times when you're learning you've got to do things wrong and live with it for awhile to realize why it's wrong. No one can tell you about stuff like this, you have to learn by doing it yourself. One time I lined the inside of my snare with carpet pad - brilliant! :) From the start of this thread I knew that this was the case here.

* you don't need a vocal booth, it's an old idea that's stupid (remember the 1/6.8B statement above!)

* I'm actually more amazed at the immaturity and lack of tact of the older experienced posters than the noob. All this name calling shit, "you're an idiot, go fuck yourself", all that shit. Kinda blows my mind why experienced musicians would waste time doing that, and not have the common sense not to. But I know the source is lack of work.

* I'm actually more amazed at the immaturity and lack of tact of the older experienced posters than the noob. All this name calling shit, "you're an idiot, go fuck yourself", all that shit. Kinda blows my mind why experienced musicians would waste time doing that, and not have the common sense not to. But I know the source is lack of work.

You shouldn't speak unless you know what you're talking about. It makes you look really stupid. I probably work (and get paid for it) in the music industry, live and recording, more than most people here. So the "no work" theory is way off and shows that you like talking out of your ass. But I already knew that. I've read a lot of your posts and "advice".

How I choose to respond to someone making a crack about where I come from is my business. And that's what started this whole thread turning into a comedy show. I just gave him a little crack back, but he couldn't take it and starting crying all over his keyboard in his next response....then the other bozo comes in and attacks me. I'll respond to that shit however I please, thank you very much. :)

You should have stayed out of it because your attempt at coming off like like "the bigger man" (like the other fool) while getting in a couple of shots makes you a hypocrite and a blow-hard.

Have a nice day. :D

Last edited:
Im really not saying that my home made quick fix is working anywhere as well as a properly set up room/booth. Im saying that when its what you have laying around and in a pinch it works better than nothing. Im standing here hearing the difference, even if it is just a slight dampening of echos, or just acting as a gobo between me and my family in the other room as I record......

Its working for me right now. See? So for others even just to get in someones face and call them names because they are making the best of whats there...silly.

I have years of experience in many aspects of music, sound and recording. I may be a noob to this forum and to the online community..

Consider that I have been building stringed instruments for 11 years. Ever heard of Breedlove guitar Company? You dont get to build over 1000 mandolins and hundreds of guitars being a total idiot with no comprehension of reality ....

Ive worked in state of the art auditoriums, I have recorded in well designed studios, bla bla bla

Now understand that I will be investing in proper acoustic treatment etc the minute I can. Because thats already the plan.

I only stepped in to draw the flaming from the OP anyway and to encourage him to keep at it.

I read what you quoted. Egg carton only absorbs across a *very* narrow bandwidth around 800Hz, which is never, ever a problem area in any room. I've never seen it in nearly 25 years. From a diffusion standpoint, it's ineffective partially because it's not reflective enough, and partially because it's totally symmetrical no matter which way you turn it. As a result a diffuse field never develops. As a matter of fact, lining a bunch of these up next to each other will actually *compound* the comb filtering effect. They simply are not effective.

Here's what happens though...solutions like this tend to work in areas that we notice really quickly, so it sounds as though it's effective when it's really not...but you wouldn't know that without taking measurements.

I'm not faulting you Jason...or anyone else with acoustics questions. Nobody's born knowing this stuff. The only stupid question is the one that goes unasked. Peace.

Frank

From a diffusion standpoint, it's ineffective partially because it's not reflective enough, and partially because it's totally symmetrical no matter which way you turn it.

So if they don't absorb sound, they don't diffuse it, what do they do with it?

Back