Home Music Studio Concerns

Amfc808

Hey Guys!
I’m creating a home studio for music/vocal recordings and I wanted to ask for help with a few things. The main three concerns I have are:
1. Shape Of Room, Studio Monitor Positioning.
2. Placement Of Microphone.
3. Acoustic Foam Placement Locations.

FIRST:
I have a somewhat “L” shaped room. Here is a drawing and measurement of how my studio room currently looks. I have not yet placed any sound treatment because I was going to do that after I figure out placement. Please tell me where you would place the table in the room for my computer and 5” monitors.

SECOND:
I am going to also be doing vocal recordings. Whether if it’s on the table or standing up, I would like the best advice of direction it’s pointing and where it should be in the room.

THIRD:
With these two concerns above cleared out, where should I place the acoustic foam. I was planning on getting a 50-pack of 2” Thick 12x12 foam panels and several bass traps for each corner of the ceiling. If there is other things needed or suggested, please let me know.

ROOM DIAGRAM:

- without furniture:
D7A802A9-FFCD-4DD2-B970-C6CC391B3114.jpeg

- current placement of furniture:

6816DC9C-5902-4FCC-B620-297CB39792EE.jpeg

Wow, not an optimal situation for recording. Are you going to mix, or only track?

DO NOT buy that 'acoustic foam' yet, it may assist in removing slap-back echo, but will leave the lows and low-mids untreated. Do some reading here about small room recording.

Wow, not an optimal situation for recording. Are you going to mix, or only track?

DO NOT buy that 'acoustic foam' yet, it may assist in removing slap-back echo, but will leave the lows and low-mids untreated. Do some reading here about small room recording.
It was just mainly for rapping and mixing. But more so concerned with rapping. I’m just trying to work with what I have.

Are you mixing with monitors, or headphones?

The problem you have in that room is that none of the corners are easily treatable (bass traps) due to the windows and door. For recording vocals, I'd suggest a 'V' of two gobo panels, made with 4" thick rockwool or compressed fiberglass, set up directly in front of the mic

Back