Holy Diver - DIO tribute

Everything sounds fantastic man. Great job on the vocals. My only complaint is that I wish the bass had a little more low-end. I can hear it in the presence range, but I can tell it's not offering anything significant in the balls department.

Everything sounds fantastic man. Great job on the vocals. My only complaint is that I wish the bass had a little more low-end. I can hear it in the presence range, but I can tell it's not offering anything significant in the balls department.

Thanx FTM!
This is a just a fast mix for now. It's gotta be mixed better.;)

Holy Diver?

Holy shit!

You own this sound like 100%, absolute spot on, and your rough mixes would take half of us years...also I think I get my stuff up to volume then yours nearly blows my speakers out..

nothing to say on the mix, you know what your doing anyway..highlights: solo,vocals, and backing vocs..like a true pro dude
smiley_rock.gif

You do the Dio style well! Good job!

Agree with the bass too. It has no oomph.

+1 on that.

The guitar tones are great, the drums are great, the vocals are great, the bass might sound great but I can't hear it. :laughings: Bring it up and the song should be golden. The rhythm guitars can come down a little bit. The lead tones sound good but the rhythm is popping out more than the leads.

Seafroggys - Thanx, man! I've idolised DIO for about 35 years.....:D

Steenamaroo - Thanx for listening!:)

kcearl -
You know what Keith? After all these years I still don't know what the fuck DIO's singing about in this song, but I've always loved it. I used to call myself a pro about 25 years ago.....when I was still a blue-eyed long-haired lad....little did I know....:rolleyes:
Thanx for the great comments! :)

squibble94 -
Thanx squibble! The guitars were all played by an incredibly talented guy from Austria called Marco. He's also the one doing the mixing of the tune. He's gonna gonna be doing another mix of the song with his girlfriend who fronts his metal band, and another singer and me all together. That's gonna be interesting too.

Not my style. But it was really good.

I didn't have a problem with the bass myself.

The only thing I can spot is there's a cymbal panned slightly right that's a little clicky. It kind of pops out here and there. You can hear it around :52 - :56. I guess the cymbal image leans slightly to the left now that I think about it. I think it's more that the drummer used that side more. Not a big deal at all.

Yonce N Mild - Glad ya like it! :drunk:

TripleM - Thanx Triple! I'll pass your suggestions on to Marco for the next mix.
I don't know the drummer personally, but I think his name is EZ.........:D

dodgeaspen - Thanx bro! All the songs for the new CD are finished now. I'm just battling with the last 2 mixes and then I'll have the tracks mastered. Maybe I'll be done before Xmas.....;):D

wow that was awesome man...any details on the setup used to record this? contact info of the mixer himself?

Thanx man!

Here's Marco's description of what he used for the guitars:
TS and preamp are Amplitube 3: TSOverdrive -> British Tube Lead 1 (JCM 800 sim) -> LeCab with s-preshigh & Edge Straight -20...
Impulsewise : catharsis and guitarhack impulses basicly all the time...
little bit of saturation, Eq, a bit comp, reverb.

Don't know exactlty about the drums, but I think they're DFH.

Anyway, I just heard a demo of the mix of the 3 singer version and it sounds awesome.....

You pwnd this shit. Nailed the vocals. I can't imagine anyone doing it better. Excellent. :)

The mix is pretty bad, but whatever. It's obvious that a guitarist mixed this. :laughings:

This is the best and only cover I've heard on these forums that does the original justice. I still would prefer the original, but this is pretty damn good.

The guitar solo sucked ass. It wasn't even close to the original solo except maybe that it was in the same key LOL. Adding the extra solo stuff was a waste as well. It's just my opinion, but if you're going to re-write a guitar solo it better be some mind blowing shit or skip the solo all together.

Other than that it was good shit :)

You pwnd this shit. Nailed the vocals. I can't imagine anyone doing it better. Excellent. :)

The mix is pretty bad, but whatever. It's obvious that a guitarist mixed this. :laughings:

Haha, yeah, raging guitars man....!! :D
Thanx for the comments, Greg!

This is the best and only cover I've heard on these forums that does the original justice. I still would prefer the original, but this is pretty damn good.

The guitar solo sucked ass. It wasn't even close to the original solo except maybe that it was in the same key LOL. Adding the extra solo stuff was a waste as well. It's just my opinion, but if you're going to re-write a guitar solo it better be some mind blowing shit or skip the solo all together.

Other than that it was good shit :)

Hey Phil, thanx for the comments man!
Dunno, I thought the solo was pretty good, but like I said, I have no control on the project, just doing my thing and that's it. Had a lot of fun though......;):D

The main reason I had a problem with is was because everything was pretty much dead on, but the solo was not. Listen to the original recording. Forward to the guitar solo and you'll see what I mean.

If I had never heard Holy Diver a million times I wouldn't really care lol

Back