Holy Diver - DIO tribute

Well done! Your vocals are spot on!
The solo & mix are "works in progress" I assume.
This ALMOST made me want to find some more Dio.

Holy Freakin' Diver!

Yeah, the vocals are amazing on this joey. I remember this tune, although I'm not super familiar with it. You are just naturally meant for this sort of thing...uncanny really.

Having read your description of the way it was put together I was left wishing this was your production start to finish. I thought the guitars were mixed pretty heavy and the bass guitar was largely absent. Your voice is certainly the highlight of this...way to freakin' go man! :D

Holy Freakin' Diver!

Yeah, the vocals are amazing on this joey. I remember this tune, although I'm not super familiar with it. You are just naturally meant for this sort of thing...uncanny really.

Having read your description of the way it was put together I was left wishing this was your production start to finish. I thought the guitars were mixed pretty heavy and the bass guitar was largely absent. Your voice is certainly the highlight of this...way to freakin' go man! :D

Thanx Pete! :)
I don't usually do covers but DIO's my idol and I really wanted to take part in this tribute. There are 3 other guys apart from Marco on this one and another 2 singers will join in for a 3 singer version. The guitar sound is meant to be "modern", that's why it sounds heavier. But Marco will be mixing this right soon.

Definately a great job of covering this tune. I think I like it better than the original and you do one hell of a job singing it. I do generally like it when people try to do solos exactly like the original, but I never was a big fan of DIO anyhow and that dudes playing is kick ass. I guess this is about the only song from DIO I do like.

Rock on.

Definately a great job of covering this tune. I think I like it better than the original and you do one hell of a job singing it. I do generally like it when people try to do solos exactly like the original, but I never was a big fan of DIO anyhow and that dudes playing is kick ass. I guess this is about the only song from DIO I do like.

Rock on.

Thanx man, glad you enjoyed listening to it. :)

Yeah, I just wanted to dogpile on and say the performances are great and there's no bass and the drums sound fake, but holy shit!!! Your vocal rules on this.

There are a lot of Dio tributes going around these days....and that was F***n awesome! I hope you are proud of this, because your vocals were stellar! This Carlos guy did a great job of the production. That guitar sound is phenomenal; just this gigantic, big-balled beast of tone kickin' the **** out of everything in a good way! At times, I wished it had left just a smidge more room for your voice. It sounds like the guitars got drop C going on, which helps the thunderous sound and gives it a modern sound, which works well.

Anyway, your voice shined here, for sure.

ps - Would you be able to get Carlos to email you that Amplitube 3 preset and give it to me (us) so I can play with it?

:cool:

There are a lot of Dio tributes going around these days....and that was F***n awesome! I hope you are proud of this, because your vocals were stellar! This Carlos guy did a great job of the production. That guitar sound is phenomenal; just this gigantic, big-balled beast of tone kickin' the **** out of everything in a good way! At times, I wished it had left just a smidge more room for your voice. It sounds like the guitars got drop C going on, which helps the thunderous sound and gives it a modern sound, which works well.

Anyway, your voice shined here, for sure.

ps - Would you be able to get Carlos to email you that Amplitube 3 preset and give it to me (us) so I can play with it?

:cool:

Hey Brad!
Yeah I'm proud of it, I always wanted to do a DIO cover. And I love the huge guitars too. I'll see what I can do about that preset....:)
Thanx for the comments!

Sounded great!

I reckon the only thing would be to crank the bass up a notch and turn the rhythm guitars down slightly.

Singing is great! the only tiny thing that I think could be improved is the first guitar solo (playing and tone), but thats just nit-picking.

Well done!

Sounded great!

I reckon the only thing would be to crank the bass up a notch and turn the rhythm guitars down slightly.

Singing is great! the only tiny thing that I think could be improved is the first guitar solo (playing and tone), but thats just nit-picking.

Well done!

Thanx man, I'm sure when it's properly mixed, those things won't stand out anymore. ;)

Dude.... Your vocals melt my face. I hope your full time employment has to do with singing. Insane.

I haven't read any previous comments, so I hope I don't duplicate anything that's been said, but...

I love the guitars. The snare drum needs to beat me in the head more. It's kind of dull as it is.

Bass is a bit light. I'd like to hear the meat of the low-end more.

But dude... Your vocals are amazing - as always. I'd say that we should collaborate, but I couldn't write anything worthy of your vocals. heh... :o

Damn Joey-that was an incredible performance!! When I saw the title 'Holy Diver' I thought that they needed you on the vocal-and there you are!
I do believe the crown needs to be passed to you for the New heavy metal King-:D
Like others have said, the bass is a bit low in the mix-I'm listening on less than stellar headphone though, but I love those guitars

You've got me energized-time for me to get the recording gear fired up!!

Dude.... Your vocals melt my face. I hope your full time employment has to do with singing. Insane.

I haven't read any previous comments, so I hope I don't duplicate anything that's been said, but...

I love the guitars. The snare drum needs to beat me in the head more. It's kind of dull as it is.

Bass is a bit light. I'd like to hear the meat of the low-end more.

But dude... Your vocals are amazing - as always. I'd say that we should collaborate, but I couldn't write anything worthy of your vocals. heh... :o

Thanx Jason, you're too kind....:o:)
Don't worry, we will collaborate, I never stop writing stuff. I've just started to go thru the mixes of all the tracks of the coming CD, so when I'm thru with that I'll be moving on to new stuff. Wish I had more than 1 life, this one's not gonna be enough.....:D
Unfortunately, no, my day job has nothing to do with music even if that's all all I have in my mind all day....oh, well, pays the rent.

Damn Joey-that was an incredible performance!! When I saw the title 'Holy Diver' I thought that they needed you on the vocal-and there you are!
I do believe the crown needs to be passed to you for the New heavy metal King-:D
Like others have said, the bass is a bit low in the mix-I'm listening on less than stellar headphone though, but I love those guitars

You've got me energized-time for me to get the recording gear fired up!!

Hey Tony!
Glad to be of inspiration.;) DIO sure is mine....
I'm too old to be king....:p
Thanx for the kind words. :)

It couldn't sound better if Dio came back to life, grew a new set of lungs and sang this himself. Why isn't Joey fronting Black Sabbath? That's all I wanna know. Fucking amazing.

Back