Hidden Tricks

I have this song I was messing around with on my computer where I played a F#sus arpeggio on piano for two measures and then let it ring out for two more measures. And during the sustained measures I swear it resolves on it's own to a major chord...in tempo too. Kinda creepy at the time but I thought maybe that's just how these decaying harmonics worked or something...i don't know.

Jimbo Jones said:
I swear there is a deftones song with a phone ringing in it.

most definitely...Rickets ( i think) from around the fur....right when it kicks into the chorus again...fucked with me the first couple of times...

I've read somewere that overdrive/distortion at certain frequencies, which in turn clash with different frequencies in a mix, can cause tones to occur that sound similar to a telephone ringing. I think it was Steve Howe who said that.

Jimbo Jones said:
I swear there is a deftones song with a phone ringing in it...

I've got a feeling hidden messages and sounds are common today because I've listend to many songs that make me push pause because I could swear I heard my phone ringing. This only happens when I'm wearing headphones, so the hidden stuff is easier to hear. Has anyone heard the background dialog going on on the deftones self titled album? It happens before a song starts. I can't remember what track it's on though. And one more thing: you've all heard about those headphones that you can use to listen to a 5.1 surround mix with rite? Well can you imagine all the crazy little things you could put into a mix for some 5.1 surround headphones?!? :eek:

Subliminal Messages

On the intro to Jay-Z's black album he has a repeating sample of i believe slick rick or someone saying "best rappper alive" or "best to ever do it" or sumthin like that...you can barely audibly hear it in the cd version and its harder to decipher on downloads.

recently i made a track where i sampled ghosts saying scary stuff in latin from the 13 ghosts DVD ;) and i reversed it and play it severlal times every 4 measures

the moral is, latin in reverse sounds scarier

Back