Hey You - Original song

ConsciousGrooves

Hi all,

I'm new here at HomeRecording.

I record in my small cheap home studio using REAPER. I plan on making my home studio better.

I wrote the music, lyrics, sang, arranged, recorded, and mixed.

I used virtual instruments (cello, pads, keys, drum). Guitars are real and Bass is real

I know it is not the best sound quality, but I'm proud, mostly because the message is wrapped within a song.

Note: This song is both French (Quebec) and English

I welcome recommendations, critiques, and other comments.

:)

Last edited:
I think the sound is pretty good. If anything, I might tap the bass down a bit, maybe a dB or so. Not much. I like the cello at the beginning. It's not a sound you typically hear these days.

I would probably add the tiniest bit of reverb on the vocal, especially in the opening sequence. The vocal just seems too dry, although that might be the feeling you were after.

Good job on the song. Its too bad I can't understand the lyrics. Mrs Wimberg, my French teacher for 2 years. would be so disappointed in me!

Last edited:
Sounds damned good. Interesting song. I agree that the vocal is generally well recorded - but needs just a little verb to add some depth. It's too dry.

But yeah.... well done.

Thanks.

You are spot on, I regret not adding more reverb to the vocal. I wanted a dry feel, but not that dry.

:)

Last edited:
This sounds really good to me! Nice job! I can tell you were very meticulous with the recording process. Aside from the actual recording, the song is also good. I'm still hearing it in my head while I'm writing this. That tells me it's a good one. Thanks for sharing!

This sounds really good to me! Nice job! I can tell you were very meticulous with the recording process. Aside from the actual recording, the song is also good. I'm still hearing it in my head while I'm writing this. That tells me it's a good one. Thanks for sharing!
Thank you for the nice comment. I am VERY METICULOUS. LOL :)

Back