Outrageous (Single song)

K-dub

When I started "Who We Are" in 2015, after so many years of project studio work via online contributions, I decided to make the project about bringing in local musicians in kind of a Steely Dan studio fashion. We had a core four that underpinned the basic structure of the unit, but we freely added outlying components in addition. On our first album, although I wrote 9 of the 10 songs, I sang lead on 2.

I enjoyed not having to carry the whole vocal load and it was really cool fun listening to others interpret what I'd written.

Everything tumbled in 2020 w/ the pandemic, ultimately leading to my moving several states away from the band. Still - even after the move, attempts were made to continue on working together - when we all could arrange common times to meet - which became more difficult as everything fractured.

We WE'RE, though, able to piece this one together as part of our last efforts w/in the project. I wrote this piece for an old girlfriend who sadly married (later divorcing) a misogynist. I felt that the story ultimately, therefore, should be delivered by a female vocal.

We brought in some local talent who my drummer had worked with in previous bands with ... as he said she had a "Bonnie Raitt" kind of voice ... and this is the result.

Any/all comments, as usual, warmly welcomed.

Back