Hey Anfontan!

Lord have Mercy-that was sweeeet! No matter what style you are playing, those things sure sound great. I think you are making a wise choice, Paul. Is the BareKnuckle company from the UK or Australian?

His partscaster is the opposite of my Frankenstrat, he has a Tele body with a Strat neck mine has a Tele neck on a Strat body-a combination of flavors that taste great together!

My latest Tele style has maple neck and curly maple veneer on the body-alnico neck pickup and a DiMarzio dual blade Chopper-T in the bridge w/coil split. And a 4 way switch-it's very nicely balanced sound wise. Here is a photo before the mods...
XV-835-1.jpg

Last edited:
Lord have Mercy-that was sweeeet! No matter what style you are playing, those things sure sound great. I think you are making a wise choice, Paul. Is the BareKnuckle company from the UK or Australian?

His partscaster is the opposite of my Frankenstrat, he has a Tele body with a Strat neck mine has a Tele neck on a Strat body-a combination of flavors that taste great together!

My latest Tele style has maple neck and curly maple veneer on the body-alnico neck pickup and a DiMarzio dual blade Chopper-T in the bridge w/coil split. And a 4 way switch-it's very nicely balanced sound wise. Here is a photo before the mods...
XV-835-1.jpg

That's a very nice looking git fiddle! Assuming the 4-way switch was something you added along with the Dimarzios? What's the 4th position, tapped? I've heard you talk about them before, must check them out at some point. Have you any Tele's with rosewood boards? I don't, but prefer rosewood on my S-types.

Yah Bareknuckle is UK. Think I might go with them again. Expensive but so nice sounding.

That's a very nice looking git fiddle! Assuming the 4-way switch was something you added along with the Dimarzios? What's the 4th position, tapped? I've heard you talk about them before, must check them out at some point. Have you any Tele's with rosewood boards? I don't, but prefer rosewood on my S-types.

Yah Bareknuckle is UK. Think I might go with them again. Expensive but so nice sounding.

It was posted on craig's list locally and the guitar's top was so fine I had to check it out-it turned out that a past band mate owned it and had his son post it. He had bought it to try and decided the Fender Tele he had was all he needed.

I wired my 4 way to get these selections-Neck, neck & bridge in series, neck & bridge in parallel and bridge. Series gives it a bassier, louder tone that give a Tele a more Gibson like sound and give a nice bit of gain for solos-parallel is the standard middle position Telecaster tone. I tap the coils with a push/pull pot so no extra switches need to be added.

This is the only Tele with a maple neck-all my others have rosewood. My '74 Fender Strat has a maple neck, my 2003 Fender MIM Splattercaster and 1985 Fernandes both have rosewood.

Rosewood neck Teles-
Telecollection-2.jpg

The Strats-
StratCollection.jpg

I can see I'm going to have to be making the jaunt over to Carbondale! Love the Splattercaster, and the '74!

So how do you select between the series and parallel without a switch?

I can see I'm going to have to be making the jaunt over to Carbondale! Love the Splattercaster, and the '74!

So how do you select between the series and parallel without a switch?

Watch out for the Attack Poodle-he will try to shred your shoestrings!:eek: Just kidding!!
IMG_1760.jpg

Believe it or not, the Splattercaster and it's molded case was given to me by a co-worker who had health issues and had to switch to a nylon string guitar. It has a pickguard with the same splatter paint job and the ceramic pickups but I replaced it with the black pickguard and alnico pickups to preserve the paint job-the splatter pickguard is in safe keeping.

It's color scheme is one of the better looking of these Splattercasters that I've seen-those replacement p'ups are GFS alnico single coils and a GFS Liverpool retro-tron (similar to Gretsch) with a coil tap switch.

The MIA Fender '74 has been with me since about 1978-my wife calls it my first wife since it's been with me longer than she has-only by a year or so though. Back in that era and time Gibsons were the guitar everyone had but anyone that played my Strat loved it-I had lots of people wanting first bid on it IF I ever sold it-but I don't see that happening...

In my opinion though-the creme colored Fernandes with the Tele neck is the best sounding/recording guitar of the bunch-the single coils are fuller sounding and there is no piercing high end-just smooth & sweet...and that Tele neck feels so good, too!

You will need a switch for the Series/Parallel mod-I use the 4 way to do it on the Teles, but you can use a DP/DT (double pole-double throw) or a push/pull-the wiring can be found at Seymour Duncan's website.

I hope that's the guitar you use when you do my video!! :D

It's the one I'm planning to use-it's not just a beautiful guitar, it's also a great player as well-it's on the 'Cold Day in Hell' solo, too.
I borrowed a video camera from a friend and hope to find a good location soon as well.

Back