here's my shameless, blatant self promotion

slkeen

I usually post in the mp3 clinic, but I thought I'd come over here and do some shameless self promotion. I have 5 songs up at soundclick, one of them, 'Moving On - Again', is getting lots of hits. These are homerecordings, done on a Tascam 788. The 2 new ones, 'Need' and 'Downhill Coaster', are overdubbed guitar instrumentals recorded this week. Give a listen and comment if you care to. Thanks

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/1/stevekeeneymusic.htm

OK

Why the hell not? Better than most of the shit that's been showing up in the forum lately.

Need - Very nice. What guitar is that? What mic did you use? You captured the tones very well.

Downhill Coaster - Guitars in this one are nice. Where's the bass? :D Severe timing issues on the drums, though.
Must have "hand played" a drum machine, eh?

Movin' On - Much better on the drum timing. Nice arpeggio (sp?). Great tone on the guitars!
Your vocals sound "shy." Could use a bit of a more "confident" sound.

Sometimes I Wonder - Great song. Reminiscing about an old girlfriend here? :)

NOW - Once again, great guitar tones.

--------------------------------------------

Speaking of blatant promotion:

Check out www.IndieShout.com

This week in Indie Shout:
  • Mastering engineers talk about their craft in the feature interview
  • Reviews of CDs by Howie Newman and Richie Monroe
  • More advice regarding promo packs
  • Bullshit-free discussions on the forums

Cheers!

Christopher
editor@indieshout.com
www.IndieShout.com
www.ChristopherMast.com

thanks for listening Christopher. The guitar on Need and Downhill Coaster is a Seagull S6+ cedar top recorded with 2 MXL 603 mics thru a presonus blue tube. The drum is a Yamaha DD55, the miniature electronic drum kit thing. Yeah, I played the drums for real, I hate programmed drums.

Back