heres a game: guess the mic/s which fits this shockmount

Poncherel

hi, i recently acquired this shockmount (see photos) .. i have a modded mxl990 ....my mic didn't fit this shockmount..
the seller didn't have much info either..only that he got it for an se electronics x1 and it didn't fit.
the reason it didn't fit my mic was that the bottom of the 990 is conical and the holder on the shockmount is flat with a lip to it..the thread on the holder doesn't connect with the thread up in the 990..
i'd like to sell the shockmount to help finance a shockmount that DOES fit..i'd like to give the buyer as much info as possible ..would anyone know what range of mics this would fit please and maybe which mic it was actually desgined for ..if at all?.....one of my guesses at the moment is the Se z3300 as that is flat bottomed with a long threaded section around the xlr socket. thanks in advance if you can help.

_1020005.JPG_1010999.JPG_1020002.JPG_1020003.JPG

Last edited:
Kinda looks like it would fit a neumann tlm mic.
You'd really need to try it out to know for certain, though.
If you're looking for something generic, look for one that clamps the body rather than screwing into the threads at the base of a mic.
(google mxl/nt1a shockmount)

cheers guys have resized them in original post..hopefully you can see everything now. added some text aswell ..22mm internal thread on holder and can take upto 65mmm diameter mic body.
@steena...i went for the fancier shckmount because i wanted one that screwed in and had bigger vertical reach to the elastic holders..the 990's i got had their own holders but i thought i'd go fo rmore substantial ones..
what is the advatnage of a neumann shockmount which is nearly £150 to the body clamped shockmount?....apart from the rycote ones i've seen there haven't been tat many desgin changes over the years have there?

thanks Mark yeah that looks pretty close...its not some fancy schmancy mount then...oh well ha ha...someone still might want it...it does seem pretty solid...i guess thats why i asked what the differences might be between a $40 and $300 shockmount.
Ben

found this...this has the same brazeon hooks on the top..not sure who makes these for them :-

i can#'t post links yet but check out the peluso 22 47...the mount appears to match..:-

what do you reckon?

It also looks like an older (read discontinued) shock mount for a Rode NTK and K-2, later replaced by a mount that also fits the Rode Podcaster.

Back