Help with recording has feedback

gabeperron

Here is a sample. Its like when i talk into the microphone it pops a little bit. I currently used audacity for sound production but their website is not too helpful

Must be a way to filter it out? I know i could use noise reduction but then i need to catch a sample of it which is very hard to do because it only comes out when talking.

Attachments

• chapter 11.mp3
    22.8 MB
In general, it's preferable to address things like this as far upstream as possible. While you could spend a lot of time correcting it after the fact, the best solution is to use a pop filter.

1650653462937.png

okay i researched what you said and devised a pop filter using a sock.

I re recorded a segment and there seems to be no feedback from my voice.... Will continue to test!

The sad thing is i recorded almost half of the book without the pop filter so i would have to do it all again...

It's a lot easier to prevent the pops than to try to filter them out later.

If the only option is to fix it in editing, the best thing to do is to automate a high-pass filter so it applies just to the pops and not to anything else. It's a lot of work

A thin sock might work okay. A thicker one might cut into the high frequencies.

The sound you're referring to is usually called a pop or thump, not feedback. A more technical term is plosive.

Okay so far it looks pretty damn sick! Cannot believe the difference with the pop filter or in my case a sock!

Excellent! Thank you so much brother. You ever come to vancouver i owe you a beer.

The sound is literally crisp now. All i did was add a noise reduction at the end and applied to everything

I will have to re record about 8 chapters but thats not the end of the world.

Be sure to save files that have not had the noise reduction applied as a backup so you aren't stuck with the results. It might cause unwanted artifacts.

Back