HELP.....Wharfedale TWEETER DEAD

bfoundation81

I bought these like a year or so ago and have no idea were my receipt or anything is so i have no idea about warranty. :confused:

But i was wondering has anyone replaced tweeters and if so can someone point me in the direction of were to buy them and what i need exactly??

Reactions: SRR
would be surprised if the warrantee wernt at least 5 yrs takem to the store... they should have a receipt.... actually is the law alotta places consumer protection and all that...

They do come with a 5 year warrantee. I just had Wharfedale replace a unit that started distorting after I had it about a year. I had my original shipping info and receipt, though. I went straight through Wharfedale in Redmond, Washington. Give them a call at 425-861-3909 and see what they might do for you. Can't hurt.

They originally had me ship it to their warrantee repair center (at my expense). They said it was fine and shipped it back. It wasn't fine, so I called back. They sent out a replacement and took the old one away. Of course, they sent me an invoice for the old one, saying they didn't get it back. I'm trying to get this cleared up now. I have the Fedex receipt saying they picked it up, and have faxed it to Wharfedale. They've all been pleasant to deal with, so I have some degree of (naive?) faith that all will be well in the end.

....sigh....perhaps you should just get a replacement tweeter and fix it your self. :(

Did you have to have your recipt?? I can't find mine and im fliping out i have every other recipt for everything ive bought but i can't find that one :(

I don't know if you have to have your receipt or not. I had mine. Can't hurt to call and find out. Where did you get it from? Might they have a record of the sale if you need one?

edit: I do recall him asking me when I bought the unit, but I don't recall having to provide any proof. Seems he just took my word for it, best I can remember.

Last edited:
I thought that I had a problem with one of the woofers on my 8.2a's and had lost my receipt. I bought them from american musical supply. I contacted them and they had my receipt on file. They emailed me a copy and gave me the number to contact for Wharfedale service (iagamerica). I contacted iagamerica and the guy on the phone was great. He gave me zero hassle and sent me a new woofer that arrived a couple of days later. I don't remember being asked for a copy of my receipt.

Phone : 508-850-3950
Email : tom.linklater@iagamerica.com

TexRoadkill said:
I'd be surprised if their warranty covered blown tweeters.

Maybe not, but they may sell replacement tweeters pretty cheap. I just ordered some new tweeters for my M-Audio BX5s (which are out of warranty), and M-Audio sold them to me for $12 each plus shipping. :eek:

$12? in the words of Kramer, "NOT BLOODY LIKELY!"

I'm in Australia, and the Wharfedale dealer here (CMI) quoted me $80 for a pair, which is about $63 US.

Unless you can get them for a lot cheaper in the US, in which case I'm gonna get on someone's back to get them and ship them to me.

Jonathan

wharfedale is kind of a mess right now scince they moved from mass to the west coast. There should be now problem getting a replacement seeing as how the monitors havn't been out for 5 years yet anyway. The only issue would be if it is covered, (i.e. is it burned and if so what caused it).

Back