Hello from Sask. Canada!!

FURY101

Hello
glad to be here, i had a little bit of a problem getting my account started
but here i am!!!
winter is coming soon and we will be stuck inside, so recording here we come!!!
where are most of you from?
Anyone from Saskatchewan?
Holla' at me!!!
Fury101

welcome mr sask. can't say i'm anywhere near there but hey thats what internets are for.

so what kind of stuff you recording for the cold cold winter up there? (please dont say "christmas jingles from the north pole")

Saskatchewan is flat.

I have a freind who lives in Saskatchewan. His wife left him...he saw her walking away for 5 days!!!

Welcome, to life inside the electric circus. I'm a fellow Canuck (naturalized) currently residing in the US until OHIP can unf**k itself then will be back in Canada. Also want to get all my recording gear here since it's 10 times the price in Canada, and a whole lot harder to get your hands on.

I just checked a few items on Amazon.ca. How do they work out their prices? Pan's Labyrinth on Blu-ray, 9.99, very good. The Water Horse on BD, 45 bucks, are they serious? It's 8.50 here from Amazon. Anyhoo with a few exception, and GAS, I'm getting close to being set to go. I'm thinking Mississauga in a year or two.

i love long-mcquade

long & mcquade have great customer service.

last time I bought from them I wanted to buy a microphone stand...the stand was out of stock however they sold me a rental stand they had in the back that was 3 times the quality of the one I wanted out of stock for the same price...the stand was a rental and used however it works perfectly and is much better than what I wanted.

Now thats how you treat a customer...I pretty much buy from them now because of little things like that.

My brother took a power amp in to get fixed...the guy at Long & Mcquade basically said the problem was a loose fuse...they fixed it and didnt charge us for it.

They get most of my business now...bought drums skins,mics,preamps,guitar strings ect.

It pays to treat the buyer well because they will come back...some stores/websites dont understand that concept.

Amazingly enough, the local Guitar Center here is really good to customers. GC has a bad rep, but here they're great. Buy a guit/bass that doesn't come with a bag or case and they'll sell you one for half price. It may be an off brand, but they're damned good, the case I got for my SUB is an SKB.

Welcome aboard Fury..

Canada?

That's the place that sits on top of the US, isn't it? :)

Maple leaves... mounties... bears?

I've heard of it...

How were the Commonwealth Games for you? :confused:

Hello
glad to be here, i had a little bit of a problem getting my account started
but here i am!!!
winter is coming soon and we will be stuck inside, so recording here we come!!!
where are most of you from?
Anyone from Saskatchewan?
Holla' at me!!!
Fury101

I snuck out while the getting was good. Did I leave the light on? Sure miss the beer and Trailer park boys.

:cool:

Welcome, me old bongo Fury !

Canada?
That's the place that sits on top of the US, isn't it? :)

Maple leaves... mounties... bears?

I've heard of it...

Welcome, Fury.

I thought about moving to Canada once.

Once.
I spent the 60s in Birmingham, where I was born {the real Birmingham where almost everyone's accent sounds a slit wrist away from suicide at worst and depression at best, the one in the UK that produced Lenny Henry, Black Sabbath, the Moody Blues, Benjamin Zephaniah, Steel Pulse, The Move, ELO, Judas Priest and Spaghetti junction} but around '68, '69, friends and relatives told my Dad that Canada was crying out for people with his skills {he was a civil engineer} and besides, William Shatner had left. So there plans to move to Canada. At the same time, a job came up in London that provided a flat in what was then the slums of Islington. The choice was simple, the beauty of the worlds 2nd largest land mass with it's bears and opportunities or the racially incendiary slums of late 60s Islington......

To this day I've never been to Canada ! :spank:

Back