Headphones

fishkarma

Sorry for this lads but i have the issue of not being able to use my monitors due to heading to college in Dublin city where neighbours aren't forgiving and lack of a room big enough to fit them in.

Can you recommend some budget headphones worth checking out that will do the job? unfortunately most of my cash was spent on my monitors so i have about €100 to spend (I know its not much) so I'm probably gonna go down the eBay road to get more bang for the buck.

Is there anything that will be ok

obviously i understand about exaggerated stereo imaging etc. but i dont have a choice.

Cheers for putting up with a painful question like this.

P.s did a search got this: https://homerecording.com/bbs/search.php?searchid=1304715:(

If you want inexpensive tracking phones that sound ok, get some MoreMe's from Harvey..they don't sound bad at all, and are pretty inexpensive.

Can you recommend some budget headphones worth checking out that will do the job? unfortunately most of my cash was spent on my monitors so i have about €100 to spend (I know its not much) so I'm probably gonna go down the eBay road to get more bang for the buck.

Is there anything that will be ok

Here's my suggestion for critical listening: look for a pair of Sennheiser HD-580s . They are the prior model to the HD-600. Just discontinued, but you should be able to find some NOS for around $160 US, or a bit less if they aren't brand new. I found someone selling a pair in excellent condition on a headphone for sale forum and they had the HD-600 grills and the HD-650 cable (the typical upgrades) and were only about $140 US.

Cheers,

Otto

Thanks.
Dogman: I need something that will replace my monitors as closely as possible since I cant use them (though I will hopefully be able to use my colleges monitors from time to time)

I think i'll go down ottos route sounds like a good one. but first to harmoney central to check the reviews

Here's my suggestion for critical listening: look for a pair of Sennheiser HD-580s . They are the prior model to the HD-600. Just discontinued, but you should be able to find some NOS for around $160 US, or a bit less if they aren't brand new. I found someone selling a pair in excellent condition on a headphone for sale forum and they had the HD-600 grills and the HD-650 cable (the typical upgrades) and were only about $140 US.

Cheers,

Otto
A BIG ditto to that. I have several pair that I got for $99 because they were discontinued ... they sound very much like my HD-650's .... very flat with nice tight well defined bass

Great reviews on these I'd buy it if i could but cant find a new or used pair of these anywhere. Got another suggestion?:(

I'm going to PM you the name of a headphone forum, since I think posting such things is considered a no-no. :)

Cheers,

Otto

Where you crashing in Dub mate? You in digs or what?

Nah, couldn't do digs
Me and a mate got a place on north circular road on the far right about 15 min from O'Connel street

Not too bad but the place is small so can't bring up monitors.
Fuck I can barely fit my 002 desk in the room!!!:D....:(

...never leave out AKG. On FleaBay you should be able to find the 240 or 270 for a bit less than full fare.

Best,
C.

I tried out some Beyer's today and really liked them (DT150's) you say the 770's are nice is there a particular difference since their in the same price range?

Back