Has anyone tried a Lewett DTP640 REX?

Raymeous

As a recent victim of having been biten by the dreaded "mic bug", I've found myself constantly looking into new, or interesting microphones.

When I was looking at getting some mics for my drumset I ended up with a AKG D112 (despite Justsomeguys warnings :facepalm:) ) and although it's ok, it is kind of "pillowy" sounding, and lacks some of the attack I want. It's not bad, and all it takes is some EQ and compression, to get it where I want it, but just like guitars... I keep looking for the "Holy Grail" that I know doesn't truly exist.

In any case, what I was wondering is this: Have any of you tried this mic?

The latest find was the Lewett DTP640 REX:
"Capture killer kick drum tones with the Lewitt DTP 640 REX dual element microphone. This mic sports both dynamic and condenser elements in a single microphone. The cardioid-patterned mics deliver the accurate sound of a dynamic and the rich low end of a condenser in a single mic-sized unit. An "Enhanced Frequency Response" switch lets you tailor the EQ of each element to provide optimal drum tones. Lewitt's flagship drum mic, the DTP 640 REX, gives you the best of both mic worlds in an easy to use package."

This video shows the internal "face" of the mic showing both diaphragms in one casing.
Lewitt DTP 640 REX Dual-element Kick Drum Microphone Overview at GearFest '13 - Sweetwater Sound - YouTube

Back