Hardware and Software Combo??

stoctony

This is where I am curently at. I am now able to move out of the bedroom studio and into "my own space" studio that I am in the process of building. This is the deal. I can no longer use the Home comp. ( as per my wife) so I have to get a new one for the studio. Which brings me to my first question. I already have a mixer, effects, etc from my home studio. Do I need a all-in-one digital studio to get good tracks, should that be where I am going with my new studio. My next question, if not the digital recorder, i need to find a hardware/software package. I want to do it right this time. No stock sound card. I need the card bundle and a good program all in the same shot. I dont know if I need a break out box with the 16 chan mixer, do I need one? I can do about 500$ for the combo. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Stockton

BTW, this assumes you want 8 I/O. There are other options if you can live with fewer I/O's.

If you have to also get a computer in that budget:

Delta 1010LT ($279 at MF)
Dell GX110, P3/933 ($214 at compgeeks.com)
The Delta card comes with software to get you going.

If you already have a computer:
ST Audio C-Port 2000 ($449 at MF)
This comes with a low-end version of Logic.

Once you free up a bit more money in the budget, look into getting N-Track Studio ($69 at n-track.com). Very cool software, for not much money at all.

Back