Hamburger Helper

nave

Cave Relic
Is far more awesome when you don't stir as often, turn up the heat a little higher, and let the bottom caramalize and stick to the pan a bit.

/prime time friendly post!

J/k not here to cause trouble.

Haven't had Hamburger Helper in years. Can't afford the price of hamburger anymore. Can usually get ribeyes or chuck steak for cheaper....

For the non-Americans, WTF is 'hamburger helper"? Obviously I've heard of it, but never knew what it was...

For the non-Americans, WTF is 'hamburger helper"? Obviously I've heard of it, but never knew what it was...
It's a box full of pasta and seasonings that you add with water to a pound of browned hamburger for an easy meal. Various flavors. Do you have hamburger in Oz? Maybe by a different name?

It's a horrendous mixture of garbage that turns meat into something inedible.

---------- Update ----------

Haven't had Hamburger Helper in years. Can't afford the price of hamburger anymore. Can usually get ribeyes or chuck steak for cheaper....

Stop stealing the neighbor's cows.

Don't have to. I work the meat counter and we get markdown stuff that's soon to date. Still good meat, but hardly ever get any hamburger that way. I prefer ground chuck, which runs about $5 a pound here. So, I rarely buy hamburger. When I do, I get meatloaf, not some box of trash that leaves me wondering if the box would taste better...

It's a horrendous mixture of garbage that turns meat into something inedible.
Oh stop. Add some peppers onions and mushrooms, maybe a blast of tabasco... I lived on that shit for years. My kids were raised on Hamburger Helper and Kraft Mac n Cheeze. lol And they both went to college too. (Feeding 'em that shit was how I could afford to send 'em.)

Ah, that's right, you work at Walmart. The meat counter, huh? Must be nice to get first pickings.

We got a guy at our local walmart who works the deli counter. He's got a scraggly looking Santa Claus beard going and never wears a net over it. I won't get deli's when he's there.

Oh stop. Add some peppers onions and mushrooms, maybe a blast of tabasco... I lived on that shit for years. My kids were raised on Hamburger Helper and Kraft Mac n Cheeze. lol And they both went to college too. (Feeding 'em that shit was how I could afford to send 'em.)

Yeah, I know. It's just that I picture Armistice cooking gourmet meals every night for him and his GF. Expensive bottle of wine, surrounded by original aboriginal art then going for a drive in his german-built convertible afterwards. He could never relate to Hamburger Helper.

He probably hand picks his scallions at the street market. :mad:

Yeah, I know. It's just that I picture Armistice cooking gourmet meals every night for him and his GF. Expensive bottle of wine, surrounded by original aboriginal art then going for a drive in his german-built convertible afterwards. He could never relate to Hamburger Helper.

Alfa Romeo.

What's a scallion? :D

Hardly Chili... (a) my GF doesn't live with me (b) I'm lazy (c) I'm trying to lose weight.

Tonight it's a (ie. one) grilled sausage from the supermarket and microwaved vegetables...

I do happen to live just up the road from the best wine shop in Sydney and I do go there and buy a couple of dozen reds every few months and load them into my German convertible though... and I do have original aboriginal art, at an average cost of about $200 a frame... cheaper than a decent print!

What you guys call hamburger, we call mince. I use it in chilli con carne, if I buy it at all..:D

Back