H.R.C.:....anger 5

Jamal Bucket

..ok so this is it ..no mixing just moved faders ...no mastering...no compression...nothing really good about it really...lol....this was a song that i had been working on before this challenge came up so i just left it as is ....cobbled the last section together....anyway

song called "ANGER 5"..

http://www.nowhereradio.com/mynewhead/singles..

some of the vocals are hot....theres no bass yet....and the lyrics were thrown together to facilitate being able to post this tonight.

i suck
jamal

More raw tracks.:D This exercise does bring to light all the tracks that will need EQ and effects in order to bring any of these songs into a more listenable form......this tune is pretty good man.That section at the 1:00 mark kicks butt.There goes that "wildcard" again at 2:28.LMAO!It's got a hook man........this isnt bad for rough tracks.....still some edges to smooth out but not bad at all...better than most of my finished songs.LOL.

What kind of drums are those?Digital?

thanks K yeah its a digital yamaha dts kit ...i dont usually mess wqith the sounds much ...i tried to dial it in a bit for this since it was going to have to stand on its own.....this is REAL rough tracks....lol...after this is over ill go back and try to make it sound good....the lyrics were just sorta thrown together and thers no bridge or structure to it so to speak....i have a wildcard??!?!? sweet.....HURRY GO TELL CYAN JAGUAR!!!!....LMAO:D

thanks for the time ....sorry about the "solo" i should have warned you....hehehe

jamal

On the first chorus the at the line "heart would crack" the music kinda gives out.

The vocal harmonies need some work. Sounds like you weren't totally sure what to sing where. Just a tad unsure.

I've been following the progress of this tune and I'm digging it.

Need a bass track?

The solo wasnt bad man!LOL.

Hey,I bought a roland kit with 13 pads and 2 brains,a Roland TD 5 and a Yamaha DTX version 2.0.$500 for everything.I figured that was a deal.....then again maybe the guy ripped me off.LOL.

Im hooking both brains up and picking and choosing from each to make a complete kit...that way I can get 4 tracks of drums that give me total control over them..kick on one track,snare on another and toms on a stereo pair....I usually go back and do cymbals on a stereo pair to give me control of them also.....there are some pretty good sounds on these things but they still have the "cheese" factor........gotta get some real cymbals and hi hats to kill a little bit of that cheese factor..LOL...easy to work with in a bedroom stidio but still suck compared to the real thing.

I thought you dialed things in pretty good here. I know you say its in a rough form, but you have a lot of good stuff going on here. So those are real hi hats and cymbals? They might be a bit loud but they sounded really good to me. Vocals are good too!

Vocals are good in fact I'd bring em up a bit, especially in the beginning. It feels to me like you might've been thinking about the nakedness of our little contest here and tried to hide em, but they're good send them up. Very catchy stuff, good tune.

I was beginning to worry that "Last Hurrah' was a prophetic song.
Good to know you're still at at. dl'ing now/

jake-owa said:
The real cymbals almost fixed the cheese factor for me completely Kramer.

Do it!

I didnt know you were using digital drums so I guess it's working!Im trying to haggle one of my drummer buddies out of a high-hat,2 crashes and a ride....he needs money and I need cymbals.Maybe I can get them for next to nothing.:eek:

Very nice vocals! This is a cool challenge because it allows you to hear a song taking shape before the finished product ... if this makes any sense at all :confused:

Anyway, very nice. I can definitely hear how the bass would fill this out and there were a few spots where the vocals sounded a bit too hot, and several towards the end of the tune where they sounded too buried.

I like the song overall...very nice playing and I love those harmonies!

:)

Hey Jamal, good song. Does seem very wildcardish. Really has potential, I think. I don't really like the drums, sort of sounds like Peter Gabriel or something. Doesn't seem to fit with the song, which seems more modern alternative. Vocals are great.

Macle

man this was really hard to post a song like this...lol...i mean i cant hardly stand it ...so i KNOW alot of you had a hard time....

jake:...yeah that cutting out was a symptom of "cutting in" another guitar or vocal track i ran out ...bouncing never works for me so until i get the computer set up for recording im sorta stuck with 8 trcks...EXACTLY right on the vocals sounding "uncertain"...as you heard what they originally sounded like..lol..

kramer : when you find the GOOD sounds on those brains please send them to me...:D

crawdad:..nope its all digital drums ...and the vocals need SERIOUS work...but hopefully itll all come together after i can actually mix it . thanks..it would be so much easier if EVERTHING including my vocals didnt have distortion..lol..hard to sound real "clean"...my voice is trashed from smoking for so long..

khomputher:...really?...bring them up?..maybe you should listen at a louder volume before requesting something like that ...i have a feeling you might change your mind!....lol thanks tho.

doug h:...yeah me too...but somehow im still here .....

boydrj:. bass huh........hmm....well...yeah i GUESS it COULD use a bass track.....lol...it needs one bad i know i know ...i just ran out of room...jake mentioned maybe playing something i could add in which would be cool.....thanks for comments ..."very nice vocals"...get out of hear ...it sounds like im singing through my guitar pick up!!!...lol

macle:..hey another wildcard reference?!?!?!....am i nuts ....where?!?!?!?!?!?!?!.....help me make the whole song ONE BIG WILDCARD can you?!?!?....thanks man...appreciate it!!>.

I love the way all those different guitar parts subtley work their way into the tune. Lots of cool parts in there. Great arrangement. Go slick this thing up!

nothing really good about it really...

i suck

Other than some minor distortion issues, and the fake cymbals this sounds pretty good for no bassline. The performance has lots of feel, and the song is memorable.

With some strategic tweaking I'd say you very likely have a "wildcard" here. :cool:

nice song jamal. i hear a lot of digital distortion. sounds like the levels are just too hot everywhere except the guitars. i hear clipping all over the drums and vocals.

surprised no one else is hearing that.

chrisharris said:
Jamal - lol...turn the gain on the preamp DOWN and resing this.

;)
hehe, yeah what he said! Took me three yrs to learn that tho LOL!! Hey bro, this tune songwise is really damn great! Hire a producer...you got's that wildcard thang goin on right now man..dont miss yer calling:cool: . But i'm still lookin for that cd man..musta got lost:)

erichenryus said:
nice song jamal. i hear a lot of digital distortion. sounds like the levels are just too hot everywhere except the guitars. i hear clipping all over the drums and vocals.

surprised no one else is hearing that.

it's there...and on the gtrs too..I would suspect.

fprod south said:
I love the way all those different guitar parts subtley work their way into the tune. Lots of cool parts in there. Great arrangement. Go slick this thing up!
hey thanks....it sorta dies right when the "solo" comes in tho....i kept wanting like big huge string section right there ...but i dont ..well have a big huge string section around....im not sure i have enough "slick " left over from last weekend....:D

Back