Guitar Tricks - Post Here!

holy shit

400$ for a 20W?!?!?!

hm... i thought it was a 30 - 40W which is plenty of power.

either way, dont you think that if these little line 6 amps REALLY sounded like metallica that metallica would be using them instead of their own custom amps. there's a reason the bands that you said you want to sound like dont use line 6 amps. they suck. period.
if they REALLY did reproduce all the great sounds you hear on records then tube amps would be a thing of the past, every guitarist in the world would own a line 6 and everyone would be a rockstar. unfortunately thats not the case.

you will be much happier with a good guitar running through a good tube amp. trust me. i've wasted hundreds of dollars and lots of time on these little quick fix amps and bandaids and its not worth it. your better off with getting something good in the first place.

Wow...
You know what i mean.
The best way to describe my style.

Dont play smart.

I Do have a style but its kinda hard to get you over to my studio hear me play until you understand what style i play.
But its also fun for covering to describe bands i also cover / are similar to my style.

no where in atom bombs post was he being "smart"

you should show some respect to the people that are trying to help you.

I primarily play through open back combos/cabinets so this method works well for me.

I usually place my amp/cab about 5 feet away pointing directly at the corner of our iso room with an SM57 right up on the grill. Pretty standard.

My second mic is an ADK Hamburg approx. 6 feet directly behind the amp/cab (open back)

When tracking rhythms, I'll pan both mics to one side, then re-record the same exact part using a different amplifier but the same mic method. Then pan those two tracks to the opposite side.

It's quite possibly my favorite sound, ever. Hands down.

holy shit

400$ for a 20W?!?!?!

Wattage and cost aren't linearly related, for one - there are some very pricey low wattage amps out there. For another, $400 for any kind of an amp is still pretty affordable.

Anyway, more to the point, 20 watts is plenty loud, from a tube amp. I don't know if the Windsor is the right amp for you - as I understand, it's pretty Marshall JCM800-y so it probably doesn't have the gain levels you're after, but I wouldn't be worried about it not being loud enough.

Back