Guitar Center question

proxymoron

Hi. I am getting a new guitar (trading my current one in--its a martin dreadnau ght and too big) and I had two quesitons.

The first is I am considering either the martin 000-15 or 000-16GT

Anybody have either or played either of these?
The store didn't have the 16GT so I am waiting for them to get it in to try it out. I played the 15 and i liked it a lot, now Im just waiting to try the 16GT and see if its really worth the 300 or so more.

My second question is about Guitar Center's pricing matching policy. I know that they will match ads in newspapers but will they also match online prices from say musiciansfriend.com or music123.com

The 000-15 is about 50 dollars cheaper than it is in the store so I want to save that money if i can.

Thanks for your help.
-Mike

Clarification

I didn't mean to say I was going to buy a guitar online (I'd like to play it first). What I mean to say is will guitar center match the online price. That way I can buy it in the store, only it will be cheaper if they match the online price.
-Mike

Getting guitars from on line stores is cool, they are cheaper (no sales tax, free shipping) and if the guitar blows you just return it no questions asked ! What is wrong with that !!!!

Well....you don't get to try every Axe in the shop so you have to know what you are looking for. You also don't get to play crap chops at top volume in the guitar store and piss off everyone else in the store off.

I got a LP studio for 600 bucks of eBay (no return option) and it rocks !

Well how about this.
I should've just been more specific originally but I wasn't, so forgive me.

The martin 000-16GT i am looking at is 769 on music123.com
At guitar center it is 900, so that's quite the difference.

Anyways at music123.com however, they don't advertise the price (you have to click a link and then they email you the price).

So is there any way guitar center will sell the guitar for the music123 price?
Like if i print out the email they send me or something??

Just trying to figure this out since the 130 i woudl save would get me a decent pick up too.
Thanks
-Mike

Yeah they will match. Make sure you have the URL - sometimes they'll check it out. Keep in mind GC owns Musicians Friend now.

proxymoron said:

The martin 000-16GT i am looking at is 769 on music123.com
At guitar center it is 900, so that's quite the difference.

Are you sure thats not a scratch and dent?

I think the Martin 15 style guitars are one of the best values around right now. They are all solid wood (the 16 style is not), which makes a big difference in the sound. Mahogany top guitars are a different sound than spruce top guitars, but I like them a great deal.

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

Light said:
I think the Martin 15 style guitars are one of the best values around right now. They are all solid wood (the 16 style is not), which makes a big difference in the sound. Mahogany top guitars are a different sound than spruce top guitars, but I like them a great deal.

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

Actually, the 16 style Guitars are all solid wood. They were the entry level Martins for a long time. I had a 83 D-16M that was a stunner. Light weight, beautiful tone.

Go ahead and get the 15 style. Great bang for the buck, and it won't sound like every other guitar out there.

Back