Votes: 27 1.9%
  • Peavey

Votes: 104 7.5%
  • Anything but a peavey

Votes: 34 2.4%
  • other

Votes: 316 22.7%

• Total voters
My amp is a '64 Super Reverb. It sounds just like I want it to. What more could you ask?

I've got a little Pro Junior too. Very nice for a small amp. Fender for me.

favorite amp are you ready for this 1/2 watt recording amp i built myself second favorite amp my 2 watt recording amp I made myself notice a trend?

ive had the best luck and sounds out of fenders . the one with the 4 10's , i think it was called the super reverb . i would run my ole 66 es345 through that and man it just couldn,t get better for classic rock i had a marshall 100watt double stack that was also a great amp to heavy though!

soooooo hard to say.........depends on the model, the purpose, i love'm all!

if i have to choose 1, i'll go with vox, though i own one of them all

My fav is definately Marshall, but on my budget, pshhh yeah right.....

Besides my junk practice amp, I've got a Raven RG60. Raven isn't a very popular brand...they haven't been around that long and you can only buy them at Guitar Center. But that don't mean nothin...Raven amps have a sweet tone. And they're very flexible, so with a few tricks and a lil eq you can get a tone for rock, medal, blues (blues tones are sweet on Ravens) and pretty much whatever else you want. They're built well too. I've only had mine for a year or so, but it seems to be pretty rugged and its held up well. And it has a 5 year warranty.

I just got a great deal on a Mesa Mark IV to go along with my Mesa Dual Rec Roadking . I can tell those of you who don't like Mesa because of the Rectifier series might love the Mark IV. It is a very different amp then the Rectifiers.

I love both though;-)

Here are two Mark IV clips that I think really illustrate the versatility of the Mark IV (No, neither one of these guys is me)

More classic rock bluesy tone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpWULOhw5lo

Mettalica
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9Cgem1m94k

I am using a 30watt Reslo class A amp from 1962 which is just so dark and a Wem 1x12 cab from the late 60's which belonged to a famous Uk pop band, probably the reason they brought in smog laws when they built that one.
A carlsbro 50 Top combo from 74 when I need to make a fuss..

I just got a great deal on a Mesa Mark IV to go along with my Mesa Dual Rec Roadking . I can tell those of you who don't like Mesa because of the Rectifier series might love the Mark IV. It is a very different amp then the Rectifiers.
I love Mesas and have never played thru any Mesa that I couldn't get a good sound out of ......preferred some over others but I like 'em all. They're a little expensive for beginners is the only drawback but they're not as expensive as other boutique type stuff.
I'm definitely gonna add another to my collection in the next year and might go the custom route so I can get one pretty enough that I'll be bummed when it inevitably gets dinged.

I'd love a Roadking but one question ...... how much does that puppy weigh?

My current main amp is a Mesa Blue Angel though I'm not sure why it's in the rectifier series because it's as basic of a blues amp as you're gonna get. No channel switching .... not even a master volume. So it's definitely not a hi-gain amp.

I'd love a Roadking but one question ...... how much does that puppy weigh?

A LOT! The combo is 98 lbs, the head is 57 lbs

My Roadking was originally a combo that I converted to a head. I just wasn't crazy about the sound coming out with the open back cab and C90's so I went with the closed back rectifier cab with the vintage 30's. At that point I went ahead and did a little wood working project and made my own head cab.

Great sounding amp. Mine is a version 1. The version 2's have the clean circuit from the lonestar.

My current main amp is a Mesa Blue Angel though I'm not sure why it's in the rectifier series because it's as basic of a blues amp as you're gonna get. No channel switching .... not even a master volume. So it's definitely not a hi-gain amp.

I "think" originally the rectifier series was simply for the amps that supported both tube and diode rectification, but don't quote me on that. Then once the Dual Rectifier Solo got it's big name, the rectifier name became synonimous with high gain. Again, this is just me speculating. I mean in the end rectification is just a cool sounding word for turning AC into DC.

I just love Boogies. I do like other amps as well, but at this point, when it comes time to put the cash down, the amp will almost definetaly be a Mesa.

As I mentioned I had just got a killer deal on a Mark IV. Well I decided to have an amp tech service it and just go through and clean the sockets and what not.

He told me that Boogies were easily the best built amps he works on, including the Boutique stuff. Siad there just built like tanks

my three cents worth

I voted for Peavey.. I am aware of that many people enjoy the tones of Marshall and Fender and it's true that when ever people do reviews they will usually say something like " it has the sound of my JVM 800 or Plexi" and alot of rockers do like Marshall amps and we need to give Jim applause for all he has done for rock and roll music and to Fender for their dedication to blues, country music and early rock and roll. But I want to give Mr Peavey a huge thank you for what he has done for us musicians who don't quite have the ability to afford a $2500.00 system. I am a pure Southern Rock musician, I have followed Lynyrd Skynyrd since they first came on the scene in the early 70's, Gary Rossington is my guitar hero and always will be so you can see how I got started on Peavey because that's all Skynyrd played (except for Allen Collins who played a Marshall for a while when they first started) look on their stage and you will see Peavey is still their trademark. Alot of Southern bands such as Molly Hatchet, Marshall Tucker, and others use Peavey amps. I still have my first Peavey which I bought in 1978, a Classic 50 2x12 which has given me many years of great service and alot of shows, I also own a Peavey Valve King and a Windsor and with a little "re-tubing" I have a great sounding amp that I know will be around for a long time. I've not used any of their solid state amps but I'm sure they sound good too.

And really If Peavey was that bad I don't think Eddie Van Halen or Satch would have had Peavey design an entire line of amps for them and Satch has said they are the greatest amps he has ever used on stage, hmmm nice job Hartley..

Just my opinion but I think Peavey rocks and for those of you who put "anything but a Peavey" What the hell are you thinking?? I know alot of Peavey stuff is made in China but hey so is some Marshall stuff, Peavey is an American company change that to "anything but a Behringer" or something

My favorite amps that I've owned/own include '97 Matchless Chieftain (too bad they can't get that sound in a 40 lb. package)....'64 Fender Bassman (should have kept it)....circa 1999 Fender Pro Junior...circa 1980 Polytone Mini-Brute (for very low volume jazz/clean tones)...I recently acquired a Crate V15 (w/ Eminence Wizard speaker upgrade) and a Crate V30 (some call it "a poor man's AC30"), both USA manufactured....they just might be keepers (V30 needs a speaker upgrade).

I have two racks that I use and they are set up in this order:

Rack 1 - I use this one live...
Rocktron Chameleon 2000
Rane MPE-28
Boss VF-1 (mono in, stereo out)
Rocktron Velocity 250 power amp (set up to stereo)

Rack 2 - I use this at home mostly...
noise modded ADA MP1 (stereo out)
Rane MPE-28 in the ADA's effects loop
Rocktron Intellifex effects unit
Rocktron Velocity 250 power amp (set up to stereo)

I honestly love the flexibility of a rack. You just can't get that with a head. I use an ART X-15 foot controller for both racks (I have 2 of them) and the first rack is configured to use the expression pedals... one for volume, one for wah or turning chorus on/off, depending on the patch. It is great using that to turn the volume off to switch guitars when at a show.

I have two cabinets right now, an older Marshall 1936 and a Genz Benz G-Flex. When combined together those two cabs are insanely awesome together!!!

Back