Grizzley Industries...?

that's one god awful looking guitar.

I've heard of grizzly before. they sell a lot of CNC machinery. I think in their catalog they claimed that a bunch of their CNC stuff was used at the gibson factories.

Anyone familiar with this place...? Someone sent me the link...

http://www.grizzly.com/sbguitar/sbguitar.aspx?serial=009

I am not sure if they have kits...or already built guitars or what. There is one in Springfield Missouri and might be a nice mini road trip to do one day soon..

They were making guitar kits within the year-I guess they must have given up on them though. I think the Saga kits were easier-they had all the screw holes already matched up as well as the neck and body holes. You had to drill most all of them in the Grizzly kits.

Anyone familiar with this place...? Someone sent me the link...

http://www.grizzly.com/sbguitar/sbguitar.aspx?serial=009

I am not sure if they have kits...or already built guitars or what. There is one in Springfield Missouri and might be a nice mini road trip to do one day soon..

mmmmmmm....grizzly.

i didn't know they sold instruments. i've been drooling over their table saws for years though. (seems like i might remember seeing kits in the catalog a while back.)

I used to own a Dean acoustic guitar--Dean does not put pickguards on their acoustics. In the Grizzley Industries catalog I found an abalone pickguard that matched the abalone rosette inlay perfectly. I never tried building one of their kits though.

Haven't tried their guitars, but I bought some of their machine tools; mill, lathe ,jointer, vise. Damn good quality for the bucks.

Customer service has been great! ........so far..:eek::D

The owner of Grizzlie is a builder himself. That is one garish guitar there.

I'd try Stew-Mac for solid-body kits. Or you could just part it out and put any body with a neck that will fit.

www.stew-mac.com

that's one god awful looking guitar.

I've heard of grizzly before. they sell a lot of CNC machinery. I think in their catalog they claimed that a bunch of their CNC stuff was used at the gibson factories.
mmmmmmm....grizzly.

i didn't know they sold instruments. i've been drooling over their table saws for years though. (seems like i might remember seeing kits in the catalog a while back.)
I used to own a Dean acoustic guitar--Dean does not put pickguards on their acoustics. In the Grizzley Industries catalog I found an abalone pickguard that matched the abalone rosette inlay perfectly. I never tried building one of their kits though.
Haven't tried their guitars, but I bought some of their machine tools; mill, lathe ,jointer, vise. Damn good quality for the bucks.

Customer service has been great! ........so far..:eek::D
The owner of Grizzlie is a builder himself. That is one garish guitar there.

I'd try Stew-Mac for solid-body kits. Or you could just part it out and put any body with a neck that will fit.

www.stew-mac.com
they seem to be making these now....

http://www.grizzly.com/products/H8070

As well as some weird PRS looking thing!

I built a banjo from their kit, and it was really nice. I play mine all the time at the shows, and it sounds darn good.
Thanks for all the input guys...!!

Donkeystyle and c7...I do think it a bit overdecorated myself...but I see beauty in it too...not exactly as it looks there...but something to work with, to have a uniqueness...like the contrasting inlay of wood with different grain and stains, in the pick-up/bridge area.

I wouldn't do the same stain same as the one in the pic. I have my own ideas on that.;)

I also love the abalone inlays. I saw no mother of pearl though. I like a combo of the two for inlay designs...I am an inlay enthusiast. That stuff catches my eye every time!! Sparklies!! :D

I don't care for the tuners either.

Thanks for the stewmac link c7....and for the direct link to kits guitarjunkie.

They were making guitar kits within the year-I guess they must have given up on them though. I think the Saga kits were easier-they had all the screw holes already matched up as well as the neck and body holes. You had to drill most all of them in the Grizzly kits.

Hi Tony!

As goofy as I am, I most likely should stick with the first idea and go with the Fat Strat Saga kit eh?...especially if there is to be any matching of neck and body holes!!!:D

Back