Graphics card under $100

nisthana

I am unable to find 128MB card with either AGP or PCI-e under $100. If you know of any, please tell me. One more thing, is PCI-e better than AGP ?

Is there a way I can determine if a card dual head or not ? Most of the spec dont mention that (on newegg at least). I need a dual head display card, do you guys think I can get that < $100 ?

I am pretty sure the $37 card is a dual head - I will try and find out for sure - I run a Dual Head setup on a under $40 sapphire ATI clone. One is DVI and one is VGA though - do you need two dvi, or two vga, or one of each?

http://www.nlrstudio.com/photos/desk_lrg.jpg - Two 19" monitors running at 1280x1024 (2560x1024) on a saphire radeon 9200.

If I have to use two flat screens, I need two DVIs right ? VGAs are for CRT ? Sorry dont know much difference between VAG and DVI so this is just a guess :-)

nisthana said:
If I have to use two flat screens, I need two DVIs right ? VGAs are for CRT ? Sorry dont know much difference between VAG and DVI so this is just a guess :-)

Not to be an ass, but if you know you need dual head, you should know what connections you need. Do you have monitors already? Many lcd's have just vga, many have just dvi, and some have both. I run one lcd via dvi, and one via vga, as my card only has one vga and one dvi connection (one monitor is vga only, the other has both). I would figure out what monitors you have or will get before you look at which card. There in lies the big bucks..........

looks like it has both.

15 pin dsub(vga) and DVI-D.

The $37 card will work fine in a daw - if you are doing dual screen gaming, I wouldn't use that card, and I wouldn't be of much help with that........

Good Luck! :D

xfinsterx said:
Is that card mac compatible as well?
Ive been wanting to get another card for my g4 so i can have dual monitors.
If is isnt, then is there a mac video card under 100.00?
Thanks!

-Finster

You know, I'm not sure. My only Mac is a Mini, and you can't do much with them........ Let me look, and I'll get back to you.

EDIT-

Here's one for $118 -

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102403

It's the true ATI version of what I run I believe.

Last edited:
Back