Good songwriters?

How Steely Dan won that Grammy, I will never know, mediocre generic rock I would call it. I also don't understand why Carlos Santana won all those awards, all he does is play a few riffs, he doesn't do much of the writing. Abraxas was his best work anyways.

That grammy that Steely Dan received wasn't really for their latest album.... it was for "Aja", "The Royal Scam", "Can't Buy A Thrill", and a few other albums that deserved that honor years ago.

has anyone named dylan yet?i'm to lazy to go back through all of these post.i've got a really slow hook up.computer is fast enough but the phone service here really sucks.bob dylan is definately one of the all time american poets and writers.can't say much for his vocals but they must be good enough.besides singing around a harmonica isn't all that easy.

Dylan

I like Dylan's oldest stuff and look beyond the hits and well known song. I like Biograph and the unknown songs.

Lesser-Known Types

Frankly, I have been blown away by the songwriting of J&G Reynolds for the Nebraska Guitar Militia (must not be much else to do out there aside from craft your lyrics). Check them out at:

http://mp3.com/ngm

sorry marty joe for coming in this late

I saw you credited my friend bob walkenhorst from the rainmakers. his writing was top notch especially on the first disc he is also from kansas city.

as for the best songwriter the personal grmmy goes to becker and fagan who have the distinction of being the grammy winners this year. but every year they put out an alblem they deserved the grammy. anyone familiar with the steely dan catalog will confirm this.:cool:

jim morrison-however i dont really consider him much of a lyricist.
i think jim and bob dylan truely were poets who recited to music.

poe

bono

courtney love-dont laugh im totally serious-brilliant lyrics

stevie nicks. she's fucking wonderful that witch.

Back