Good old British Entertainment!

rob aylestone

I thought I'd share this one - This is a British Holiday centre, dancers, singers and a band - all basically full time, with show after show 7 days a week. Loads of too and fro in the band, with lots of locals depping when necessary - all have to be readers. The music is all on ipads. Two of the band are my old music students which makes me feel good - and Jimmi the bass player is also Gloria Gaynor's bass player. I think the venue holds maybe 1500+? something like that. In-house sound, lights, video and stage management. Work out the headcount and costings! Digico sound desk.

The show you posted here was right up my alley as far as it's music periods. Are other music eras covered?

Yes - all sorts. If you google for potters resorts - atlas theatre, that should work. They do lots of music form the shows, plus themed stuff - one of the girls in the video went into the bat out of hell tour! I think there is a queen show somewhere - the band doing crazy stuff with big wigs -= they have a big band too!
EDIT - they've gone? Looks like they remove them after a while. I'll keep looking.

Found one - more US music too

Last edited:
I did find the Potters Resorts Entertainment page. Before I went to their site I was thinking it was a large, single community affair - like a local, never ending music festival. I see it's much larger in scope and spread over a much wider area.

My son is technical manager. So it goes from shows to the BBC bowls coverage. They just set up an identical site in Essex, and have duplicated everything, so people can move from site A to B and it’s exactly the same layout, and they are heavily time coded and automated. To the audience right of the stage is an upstairs glassed off area where the band play when they’re not on stage. They can add in a brass section when needed very simply. Technology means things like the huge channel count has to be managed by programming, so if you have 16 singers, each one with in ear monitors, plus the band, with changes in levels and effects, it has to be right. So each number is heavily preprogrammed, but the poor sound op has to cope with the inevitable personnel changes, where for one show, a quieter singer replaces a louder one, and they have to make rapid adjustments to fader starting positions when they suddenly get recalled, but are wrong. When Covid messed things up, they added smaller stages outside for the guests and the big theatre was empty, with the shows being streamed to individual rooms and small areas. Crazily complicated. They do it really well. Another friend goes in as guitar cover, so has to play pretty well non stop for an hour, music he has to read, and follow the instructions like at end of this song, put on wig, go down stairs, enter stage centre, play bar 222 through to 230, run back upstairs continue from bar 239. Because of the video, the band also have look at camera cues! In the videos you see the pianist prodding a pad. Everything is automated, even the sheet music on the pads!

I thought I'd share this one - This is a British Holiday centre, dancers, singers and a band - all basically full time, with show after show 7 days a week. Loads of too and fro in the band, with lots of locals depping when necessary - all have to be readers. The music is all on ipads. Two of the band are my old music students which makes me feel good - and Jimmi the bass player is also Gloria Gaynor's bass player. I think the venue holds maybe 1500+? something like that. In-house sound, lights, video and stage management. Work out the headcount and costings! Digico sound desk.

The Guitarist gets the chords wrong on a lot of songs - and what the heck is this anyway? -Up With American for the 2020s?

They play what the music says - the arranger presents the band with their parts and they play them. What is it? It's what the punters really like. I think it's the most expensive holiday centre in the UK - a weekend break is more than a week in Turkey!

Back